Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone home broadband and torrents

• 30-06-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

i just switched to vodafone home broadband, the 7mb service from eircom. I have noticed i cant download torrents anymore. Doing some reading it seems vodafone hasnt banned torrents but is there something i need to change or do to be able to download torrents?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

glineli wrote: »
    Hi

i just switched to vodafone home broadband, the 7mb service from eircom. I have noticed i cant download torrents anymore. Doing some reading it seems vodafone hasnt banned torrents but is there something i need to change or do to be able to download torrents?

thanks

You probably need to open Ports in your router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Big Lar wrote: »
    glineli wrote: »
    Hi

thanks

You probably need to open Ports in your router

thanks, I tried that but no luck. I will keep trying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Are you running utorrent btw

I had similar problem & blamed Vodafone incorrectly.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77948762

You need to revert to an earlier version as described if this is your problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Are you running utorrent btw

I had similar problem & blamed Vodafone incorrectly.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77948762

You need to revert to an earlier version as described if this is your oblem.

I am running bittorrent and was downloading from kat. but I have just seen kat were having issues over the weekend so that may be the issue.

thanks though. I will install the old version of utorrent

Advertisement