Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test on Tuesday

Options
  • 30-06-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey ive my test on tuesday and cant wait just wanna do it and hopefully pass , So all i need is my license and EDT logbook ? also should my brakefluid oil coolant all be at max or is it ok once there above the min mark ? should i indicate off mini roundabouts ?should i go into 5th gear on 60kmh roads or is it a bad idea ? Also if im on a road that has ramps that are a good bit apart should i go to th gear after a ramp the back to 3rd befor the next one or just stay in 3rd , i was told never hit a ramp in 4th thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

redcrystal wrote: »
    Hey ive my test on tuesday and cant wait just wanna do it and hopefully pass , So all i need is my license and EDT logbook ?
    Yup, and make sure that all the lights, indicators etc are working properly, know all the controls, and checks under the bonnet, and of course, know the rotr.
    also should my brakefluid oil coolant all be at max or is it ok once there above the min mark?
    Anywhere between min and max is grand.
    should i indicate off mini roundabouts ?
    Yup, just treat them as a normal roundabout.
    should i go into 5th gear on 60kmh roads or is it a bad idea ?
    No, generally speaking you should only go into fifth gear to maintain a spped of 50 miles per hour or above.
    Also if im on a road that has ramps that are a good bit apart should i go to th gear after a ramp the back to 3rd befor the next one or just stay in 3rd , i was told never hit a ramp in 4th thanks

You should go over a bump in 2nd, unless its a low bump (as is often the case with zebra crossings. You should go back into third after, and if they are very spaced out, you may go into fourth (if the conditions allow it). Remember, you can drop from 4th to 2nd in the one movement if you want (ie 4th-> 3rd->2nd, NOT 4th->2nd !!!!)
    You should never hit a bump in 4th.

Good luck in the test :). Don't forget to let us know how you get on!

Advertisement