Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a return ticket to enter US ?

Options
  • 30-06-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi , Im going traveling around america for couple of months . Do I have to have a return ticket to enter or is a one way OK ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

You need a return or onward ticket to use the visa waiver program. Also keep in mind that return tickets are usually cheaper than one ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

Its just I plan travelling the country seeing lots of the east coast then making my way to mid west maybe detroit and crossing into canada .

How would I work that crossing at US/CANADA border ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Will you have a ticket from Canda back home to Ireland? That, together with a travel itinary, should be enough. If not, maybe pre-book your bus ticket (or flight or whatever) from USA to Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

I guess I could pre book the bus ticket .No I wont have a return ticket to Ireland .

I want to be sure about the immigration side of things at the border . Just to be 100% certain Immigration have it on record Ive left the country . I know at airports its more straight forward .

Thanks for reply

Advertisement