Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volvo Race Weather

Options
  • 30-06-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

I am sure that the tens of thousands of people participating in Volvo Race outdoor events would appreciate some weather forecasts. The boats leave Lorient Sunday lunchtime & as it is such a short run to Galway, their arrival times will be very weather dependent.

So maybe MT & the rest of the forecast folk could start posting daily forecasts for Galway. If so they we can put a link on to the Galway City thread so keep people informed especially with outdoor concerts & events planned for every day this week & next weekend.

Also does anyone fancy estimating an arrival time based on the wind projections, sea state etc ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They will only sail for two days, Sunday and Monday, before they reach Galway early tuesday or so. say 03z.

In Galway they will compete in an Inshore race on Saturday next I understand and that may actually decide the winner as the top 3 are very close on points. So the Saturday weather forecast could be key! I wouldn't dare make it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Its a complete washout down at the race village today, hopefully it will be a bit drier by next saturday for the finale.

Advertisement