Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expensive makeup that was worth the spend

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Scraggs wrote: »
    Which Boots was this? Would love to try at that price

Half moon street in Cork
    cch wrote: »
    I was surprised to see a Lancome mascara reduced so drastically but then noted it's the Drama version you mentioned. I was talking to a SA (in Boots Dundrum actually) who said that so many people bring this one back because it's too dramatic and OTT for them :eek:
    But if that's what you're looking for then bargain!! :D

Love the original version, doubt that one was reduced too...?

:o I was looking for the original and I thought the one I got was the original. I haven't used it yet and theres no sticker on it to show that I haven't even opened it. Do you think I can return it? Did the sales assistant say if they gave the customers a different lancome product or refund their money? I really don't want anything too dramatic because I usually just go for quite a natural look.
    This mascara is fab-give it a try especially at the price you got it for. It has an amazing curve brush and for me the Hypnose Drama is my HG of mascaras. If you're looking for less drama,just apply one coat from the absolute base of your lash line. Hope you like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Benefit's They're Real is an amazing mascara. I'd definitely pay 25 euro again for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I have benefit bad gal mascara worth the spend.

Max factor Lasting performance foundation in fair light.

Max factor black kohl eyeliner.

Max factor liquid gel eyeliner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Bobbi brown foundation, lipsticks, eyeliner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Bobbi brown do great blusher brushes and make up brushes - i have two of them.When you apply make up/blusher with it,your make up lasts and lasts and is so even its like you got airbrushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nowhere94

Mac's eyeliner.. can't remeber the price got a few eyshadows with it.. which i also would buy again! I usually wet the eyeshadow brush.. makes it last longer and a deeper colour! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

The more makeup I discover, the more I realise cheaper alternatives can be as good!

However I do have a special love for beautiful eyeshadows and Dior make very, very soft and beautiful ones, pity they're not cruelty free though so can't buy them anymore! Stila are quickly taking their spot! They're not that cheap but really lovely and if anything is going to make me shell out money, it's the sight of a pretty palette!

My primer is €26 quid but I love it so won't stop buying it unless I find a cheaper alternative that does the same job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Lancome Miracle Teint foundation. Love the stuff! I really want the genifique serum too but it's crazy expensive. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

boogle wrote: »
    Lancome Miracle Teint foundation. Love the stuff! I really want the genifique serum too but it's crazy expensive. :mad:

Oh agree, again can't use it anymore but it's aammmazing, well worth the spend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Seren_ wrote: »
    Also love Illamasqua Skin Base foundation, their eyebrow cake and the blushes too.

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation is the best product I've ever bought. Never thought I'd find a foundation to match my skin tone. Blushes are amazing too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

SugarPill eyeshadows are incredible! Single eyeshadows retail for $12 as well as pigments. An eyeshadow quad would be $34.00. Highty recommend!

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭boiledsweets

MAC loose powder eyeshadow set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

MAC Kohl eyeliner is amazing, wish I had switched over from crappy Rimmel eyeliner years ago, it lasts so well. Recently splurged on a Urban Decay 24-7 pencil as well and was super excited about it at first as it is amazing on, but it's very prone to the lid coming off in my makeup bag and the very soft kohl going EVERYWHERE so that when I put my hand into my makeup bag in the morning, both my hands and all of my makeup are covered in kohl. I'm one of those people who puts their makeup on on the way to work so not very practical for me alas. It stays home now for night-out makeup. But MAC pencil, yay!

The Urban Decay shadows as well, I have a Naked and the Smoked and while they were definite splurges they are paying for themselves many times over. They're all I use any more, the eye shadows are amazing -great pigment and long lasting.

No7 Stay Perfect foundation is brilliant too, not as splurge-tastic as the likes of Double Wear since it's only €19 but until I switched over to it a year ago I never spent more than €10 on foundation. As you'd expect I was always spending ages in Boots having to pick a new one because the cheaper brands seem to discontinue products and bring out new lines like nobody's business.
    This one is perfect and it lasts ages, the bottle I bought in May only ran out last week and I wear makeup I'd say 6 days a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

My Urban Decay Naked Palette is easily my favourite cosmetic splurge. I've had so many compliments on my eye make up; I use it everyday, and can get so many different looks out of it. More than worth the money, and I was happy to buy it for my sister too.

My MAC Studio Fix foundation is also worth the spend. I have really bad skin and this makes it look far clearer, and lasts for hours. I might splurge on the powder for Christmas :) I tried ELDW too but I found the consistency quite sticky or something.

Smashbox Primer was also a brilliant buy; I might buy it again after my Benefit The Porefessional runs out. I like the Benefit one, but nothing compares to Smashbox.

I have a Bad Gal Lash sample which I love; I think it will be my next splurge :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Ilyana wrote: »
    My Urban Decay Naked Palette is easily my favourite cosmetic splurge. I've had so many compliments on my eye make up; I use it everyday, and can get so many different looks out of it. More than worth the money, and I was happy to buy it for my sister too.

My MAC Studio Fix foundation is also worth the spend. I have really bad skin and this makes it look far clearer, and lasts for hours. I might splurge on the powder for Christmas :) I tried ELDW too but I found the consistency quite sticky or something.

Smashbox Primer was also a brilliant buy; I might buy it again after my Benefit The Porefessional runs out. I like the Benefit one, but nothing compares to Smashbox.

I have a Bad Gal Lash sample which I love; I think it will be my next splurge :D

Bad Gal lash definitely is amazing :)

I'm surprised at the good review for Studio Fix. I, too, have bad skin, but found it horrendous. Worked brilliantly for about two/three weeks, and then broke me out horribly. When I Googled it, I found far too many similar cases to continue using it :( I'm still trying to fix the scars it left 2-3 years after I stopped using it. Speaking to some MAC MUAs also, they don't recommend it for anyone with bad/oily skin because it's one of the heavier, oil-based foundations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

bscm wrote: »
    Bad Gal lash definitely is amazing :)

I'm surprised at the good review for Studio Fix. I, too, have bad skin, but found it horrendous. Worked brilliantly for about two/three weeks, and then broke me out horribly. When I Googled it, I found far too many similar cases to continue using it :( I'm still trying to fix the scars it left 2-3 years after I stopped using it. Speaking to some MAC MUAs also, they don't recommend it for anyone with bad/oily skin because it's one of the heavier, oil-based foundations.

Really? To be fair I'm not using it that long. I hope I don't have that reaction!
    I think I'll just keep it for good use anyway, not everyday use, so hopefully I'll avoid bad breakouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Ilyana wrote: »
    Really? To be fair I'm not using it that long. I hope I don't have that reaction!
    I think I'll just keep it for good use anyway, not everyday use, so hopefully I'll avoid bad breakouts.

Do keep an eye on your skin when you use it :) It was a good foundation (for short term use), I just wish it didn't give me such a bad reaction. I got is as a Christmas gift off my mom (she got the shade right, but I use MAC Select), so I tried to use it as she had gone to the trouble of getting it for me, but obviously had to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Another one here for Bobbi Brown foundation - I'm ridiculously pale and the Porcelain shade in that is probably the best match for my skin tone that I've ever had, it goes on really well and lasts well too.

Advertisement