Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athenry for stag/get together??

Options
  • 30-06-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi all, I've been given job of organising stag for a mate. We are a group of 30-40 yr olds who want to head to a town where we can drink away, have a bit of crack, game of pool maybe and mainly just stay together. No activities needed just friendly pubs and maybe a late bar. Someone mentioned Athenry,easy to get there accomodation would be sorted, Iggy's maybe?? Porter and maybe some music is all we need. What are the views on Athenry, number of decent pubs, late bars instead of niteclub?? If niteclub has to be hit so be it;) Would really appreciate any info, good or bad!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Don't know too much about Athenry but The Hop Inn there is a great spot, ye'd be sorted for pints and good entertainment there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Hi all, I've been given job of organising stag for a mate. We are a group of 30-40 yr olds who want to head to a town where we can drink away, have a bit of crack, game of pool maybe and mainly just stay together. No activities needed just friendly pubs and maybe a late bar. Someone mentioned Athenry,easy to get there accomodation would be sorted, Iggy's maybe?? Porter and maybe some music is all we need. What are the views on Athenry, number of decent pubs, late bars instead of niteclub?? If niteclub has to be hit so be it;) Would really appreciate any info, good or bad!

oranmore?????

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Iggy's would probably do fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭patsyrockem

Would it be easy to find cheap accomodation for 20 fellas in Oranmore? Is their a few late bars. I think their is a nite club. Saw the youtube of the hop inn in Athenry, a mad spot I gather?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Would it be easy to find cheap accomodation for 20 fellas in Oranmore? Is their a few late bars. I think their is a nite club. Saw the youtube of the hop inn in Athenry, a mad spot I gather?:D

couple of hotels and Bed and breakfast. You could stay in the village for the day. nice restaurant options, pub grub, decent pints of guiness!. Grab a taxi out to Athenry for an hr early in the day,its only a few minutes out the road to get it out of ur system!

sometimes u might get a decent accomadation offer in the coach house. or the Oran more lodge. or the quaality / maldron at the roundabout..so plenty of options..just it will be booked out race week id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Athenry has some nice eateries, indian, italian, chinese and The Barracks, aswell as the usual slew of chippers.

The Hop inn has a good rep. An Cláirseach (the harp), has had some terrific gig's lately, Aslan played there a few weeks ago. Sold out. The Feilds bar has a genuinely mightly session on a Thursday night, Actually, most of the pubs do free Food on a Thursday. There's cards night in Dans bar, with food on a Thursday too.

Although there's a great infastructure in the town (transport links are second to none and it's got internet), the only pub who's got any presence online is The Hop Inn:rolleyes: .... so I'm afraid you'll have to take my word for it.

Advertisement