Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone Tools help!!

• 30-06-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an iPhone that's water damaged with a broken screen. I need to see if it's going to work properly before I invest in a new screen.

As its been submerged in water I would like to open it up to see if i can dry it out fully so I'd like to open it up.

Sooo what I'm asking is has anyone the little Apple screwdriver that comes with the replacement screens? Not worth me paying €25 for the whole screen if It can't be fixed!

I'll pay for postage, should be fine in a little envelope. I'll of course return it in the post when I'm finished after a few days.

Sorry if that was a little long winded!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Recoil12

It might be quicker and easier to buy from ebay?Plenty of choices:

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1&_nkw=iphone%204%20screwdriver&_cqr=true&_fln=1&_nkwusc=iphone%204%20screrwdriver&_rusck=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

Most are next day delivery and certainly wont break the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

Ah cheers mate, saw the screens on there but didn't think look for the tool alone. Saturday heavy head...!

Thanks!
    Recoil12 wrote: »
    It might be quicker and easier to buy from ebay?Plenty of choices:

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1&_nkw=iphone%204%20screwdriver&_cqr=true&_fln=1&_nkwusc=iphone%204%20screrwdriver&_rusck=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

Most are next day delivery and certainly wont break the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

beardo81 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an iPhone that's water damaged with a broken screen. I need to see if it's going to work properly before I invest in a new screen.

Dunno how long it's been since it was in water, but what you could try is drop it in a bowl of rice (uncooked obviously). It will draw out a lot of the moisture.
    Also you could just go by any phone repair shop, they'll probably open it for you and give you the price before any repair. See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056368266

Well I've ordered a little screwdriver now off eBay so I'll open her up anyway.

Had it in a zip lock bag with a dessicant for a few days. Will power on plugged into wall but won't stay on otherwise. Won't sync with computer either plugged in. Looks like battery knackered?

I like tinkering with things anyway so a little project for me!!
    flyguy wrote: »
    beardo81 wrote: »
    Hi,

Dunno how long it's been since it was in water, but what you could try is drop it in a bowl of rice (uncooked obviously). It will draw out a lot of the moisture.
    Also you could just go by any phone repair shop, they'll probably open it for you and give you the price before any repair. See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056368266

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Recoil12

Putting it in rice will soak out some of the moisture(if you have silica lying around,the stuff in new shoes,this will work a lot better at absorbing the moisture)I have also seen recommendations of using a hoover to suck out some of the moisture too before using rice.

• Advertisement

Thanks Recoil, I've been using dessicants, sane thing as silica gel really. When I get it open I'll give it a hoover!!
    Recoil12 wrote: »
    Putting it in rice will soak out some of the moisture(if you have silica lying around,the stuff in new shoes,this will work a lot better at absorbing the moisture)I have also seen recommendations of using a hoover to suck out some of the moisture too before using rice.

Advertisement