Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Deadline

• 30-06-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Is the CAO deadline tomorrow the first of july? If so is there anyway i can contact the CAO, their offices are monday to friday and its saturday:confused::confused::confused::confused: Ive been locked out of my account and need to finished my application completely :(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Gallad123 wrote: »
    Is the CAO deadline tomorrow the first of july? If so is there anyway i can contact the CAO, their offices are monday to friday and its saturday:confused::confused::confused::confused: Ive been locked out of my account and need to finished my application completely :(:(:(

Yes, the deadline is tomorrow, as for the rest of it sorry I can't be of more help. All I can say is to keep checking back to see if it will allow you access to your account later and make sure that the account details that you are submitting are correct. Check out the CAO thread too. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fifitrixybell

can someone tell me if the rule about having to put MI005 - primary teaching in Mary I on the top of your cao is still there??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭warmblood

Hi Gallad 123
    I am in a similar position as my cao account is locked and they say contact cao office but they are not open till monday which is past the deadline for changes Did you get any help as to how to solve this problem

CAOMAN wrote: »

Dear Caoman
    My daughter is trying to update her cao change of mind and she unfortunately locked out of her account by putting wrong password in three times closing date is 5.15 1st of july2012.She has emailed cao office with updated choices last night can you be of help please as she needs to update online before 5.15pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gallad123

No help as of yet and im really dreading it, need to change 1 or 2 things on it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

warmblood wrote: »
    My daughter is trying to update her cao change of mind and she unfortunately locked out of her account by putting wrong password in three times closing date is 5.15 1st of july2012.She has emailed cao office with updated choices last night can you be of help please as she needs to update online before 5.15pm today

Moved to a similar thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

can someone tell me if the rule about having to put MI005 - primary teaching in Mary I on the top of your cao is still there??

What do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

M&S* wrote: »
    What do you mean?

That in order to get that course it must be number 1 on your CAO. I think that's nonsense tbh.

And what do people mean by getting locked out of their account?

If you want the course it has to be your first choice as far as i know, eg. You get the points for the couse but its say 6th on your cao you cant get it, you can reply the following year.

Our CAO accounts are locked and we cannot contact the CAO, we have no access to them

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ansionnach

subz3r0 wrote: »

And what do people mean by getting locked out of their account?

My son is also locked out of his account since yesterday - it is supposed to happen if you enter the wrong password too many times, but in his case he requested a change of pw after entering a pw which appeared to not work which he had stored previously on his cellphone. They sent again exactly the same pw to his email and then locked him out when he tried it. Maybe he did something wrong but I don't think so. In any case it is completely unacceptable and unprofessional to set a deadline for a sunday evening and then not have any support available for emergencies.
    This is unbelievably frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

The best thing that could possibly help is email the CAO of your course changes and explain your situation.

Agreed, it is pretty unprofessional for the CAO change of mind to close on a Sunday, and being out of reach to emergencies. This sort of thing happens every year, you'd think the CAO would have realised this and stayed open for even a few hours today with it being the last date of CAO changes.

Gallad123 wrote: »
    If you want the course it has to be your first choice as far as i know, eg. You get the points for the couse but its say 6th on your cao you cant get it, you can reply the following year.

Our CAO accounts are locked and we cannot contact the CAO, we have no access to them

My sons account is also locked out - do you also think it is a website problem?
    I commenyed earlier but not being a regular contributor my comment must be awaiting moderation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

ansionnach wrote: »
    My sons account is also locked out - do you also think it is a website problem?
    I commenyed earlier but not being a regular contributor my comment must be awaiting moderation

Might sound silly but have you tried ringing them? Everyone is assuming they're not in but they may have someone in for last minute issues. If that fails, send them emails, and check back through all the correspondence you have got from the CAO, letters and emails, that you have the right CAO number firstly, and then try the passwords they've sent you. Check if there's a "forget password" link on the log in page.

Also, we don't moderate comments in the LC forum :) Something else must have gone wrong when you were submitting it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

I definitely think there is a problem with the website, i wouldn't worry , if so many people have problems they will have to sort it out properly.

Might sound silly but have you tried ringing them? Everyone is assuming they're not in but they may have someone in for last minute issues. If that fails, send them emails, and check back through all the correspondence you have got from the CAO, letters and emails, that you have the right CAO number firstly, and then try the passwords they've sent you. Check if there's a "forget password" link on the log in page.

Also, we don't moderate comments in the LC forum :) Something else must have gone wrong when you were submitting it!

Yes of course we have tried ringing - no reply - as I said above the forgot password sent an identical password as they had used on a previous occasion and when that was used again it locked the account. Just hoping (forlorn) someone from the CAO is watching this forum. Time is almost up now!

And so it is, deadline is here and still no access :/

print off form change of mind and fill it in by hand and include a stamp addressed card to yourself and drop it into eglinton st immediately

Advertisement