Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Deal

Options
  • 30-06-2012 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if any of you that know taxis that are prepared to do a deal if you pay weekly or even monthly in advance, I moved house recently and my new place is a bit of a distance from work. A taxi costs about 10 or 11 euro to where I work and having to pay that for going home also would mean my monthly tax bill would be 400 a month, I intend to get on the road myself as soon as I can but my only option is a taxi or buy a bicycle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm almost certain you can set up an account with rapid cabs. I don't know How the pricing works at all but i assume its pay monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

I was wondering if any of you that know taxis that are prepared to do a deal if you pay weekly or even monthly in advance, I moved house recently and my new place is a bit of a distance from work. A taxi costs about 10 or 11 euro to where I work and having to pay that for going home also would mean my monthly tax bill would be 400 a month, I intend to get on the road myself as soon as I can but my only option is a taxi or buy a bicycle
    400 a month in taxi fee !!!!!!!!!! My advice is BUY A BIKE you have the benefit of getting fit while you wait to get on the road yourself and that 400 a month can pay for your tax and insurance for a year .... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

i was in the same situation - did a deal with Michael from Premier Taxis and another guy called Gerry - €8 (instead of €11) dosent matter if there is 1 or 4 ppl in the cab - sweet deal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Try waterford hackney 051331033, even if you don't get a bulk deal, there will not be charging you 10 or 11 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

where are you working surely your not travelling the distance from tramore to waterford just to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Quigs

its about 20 euro from tramore to waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Sorry only seen our thread now , If you havn't sorted something out ,Have a mobile number of a chap who did something similiar for me before ,sound chap , might be worth talking to.
    PM me if you want the number,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Get a bike! You'll save yourself a fortune! If it;s 400 a month at the moment, then you'll have paid for the bike in about 3 weeks! Ask your HR person about the cycle to work scheme, and you'll save even more.
    I cycle to work. It's just over 8km, and it only takes 25 mins. Got a taxi once (too hungover to cycle) and it cost me 15 quid. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

seems the deal ya got on the place aint worth it if ya have to pay 400 pm on taxis,might as well live closer to town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I work in Genzyme, would a cycle from grace dieu manor to there and back everyday be managible, which route would be shorter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If your stuck / looking for extra quotes give me a shout and I can recommend a guy that has a small taxi firm in Waterford. Local lad living in Tramore, great guy. Ill PM you his number if you need. :)

Advertisement