Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

İs it against the law to throw rubbish out a car window?

• 30-06-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

When the car is moving?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Yes. Littering is littering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Yes. Its called littering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Do you consider your kids "rubbish"? If so... yes... yes it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Nope its fine. You actually get rewarded if you hit passers-by, extra if they are children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

No, its actually not against the law.Its a good way of dumping legitimately.Most people don't know its legal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Whether it's against the law or not shouldn't really matter tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Not at all, fire away. You can even throw rubbish out the window of your house. It's mad craic altogether if you live in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Tin Lizzy

Well its littering so you can get fined for it,as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Hopefully it causes the driver to lose control and write off his car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

They are being a litterbug. In legal parlance they are committing the act of litterbuggery. It's a pretty serious crime I hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Nope its fine. You actually get rewarded if you hit passers-by, extra if they are children.

Bonus points if they happen to be a boards (stick-in-the) Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Depends on how fast you're driving...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

It's Tidy Towns season OP

Do that around here and we'll get ya and take you to the woods
    *fetches banjo*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sh*tty Nappy Bombs were a fav of mine when the kids were babies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Is it against the law to throw compost out the window of a moving car?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

You want to "stick it in" a mod?

Eww...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

No of course its not illegal because everyone knows as soon as sit into to a car you are automatically exempt from every law in the land until you exit said car again.

Jesus.

Did you really need to go on an internet forum to get an answer to this question.

How does the capital "I" in "Is" in the thread title have a dot over it? I thought it was a speck of dust and tried to wipe it off my screen.

You want to "stick it in" a mod?

Eww...

:confused:

How does the capital "I" in "Is" in the thread title have a dot over it? I thought it was a speck of dust and tried to wipe it off my screen.

Oh yeah, I just noticed that.

• Advertisement

It's a sex joke. It's very subtle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Your talking Rubbish OP.

It's a sex joke. It's very subtle.

I know. Just wondering where you got that from. I was talking about throwing rubbish from a car ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Just don't do it when this guy is around :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

It's illegal every where except Longford.......
    Bit of rubbish might improve the look of Longford.......

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

It's Common sense not to throw rubbish out a car window it should'nt have to be law .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What is the law on pooing out of a moving vehicle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Just make sure the window is down. Otherwise you might be unsuccessful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

What about feces - is it legal to throw that out of a moving car?
    Or people? If you want to get rid of someone, and you throw them out the window - is that legal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Some kind of witchcraft İ reckon. We should burn the op just to be on the safe side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

What about feces - is it legal to throw that out of a moving car?
    Or people? If you want to get rid of someone, and you throw them out the window - is that legal?

It's easier to open the door and kick them out, not as successful unfortunately if they are wearing a seatbelt.

Some kind of witchcraft İ reckon. We should burn the op just to be on the safe side

Flaming torch time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Sh*tty Nappy Bombs were a fav of mine when the kids were babies :D

Who needs kids? Start making your own ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

¡'ve no idea...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tbh littering is pretty scummy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

It is not against the law if it happens on private property and you have the permission of the party who owns the property. :D:D

It is very much against the law everywhere else. But if you are the kind of person who throws litter around, has no respect for the environment and probably don't properly wipe your arse, either, nothing will stop you doing it until we become a country like Singapore, which is very good at dealing with litterbugs and various other dirty cnuts.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Anybody who litters is scum.

I see stupid people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Its dangerous and reckless and in some cases down right evil if they are fully aware of the impact it has on other drivers to throw litter out the window,it can land on another persons windscreen or under their wheel and cause a crash..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Its dangerous and reckless and in some cases down right evil if they are fully aware of the impact it has on other drivers to throw litter out the window,it can land on another persons windscreen or under their wheel and cause a crash..

But if there's no other cars around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Wait a second OP, you're saying we can break any law we want as soon as we're behind the wheel of a car??

Fetches Smart car, Mac 10 and performs drive by on the boardwalk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

I was in the passenger seat of a vehicle being driven by a work colleague. The guy in the car in front of us threw a crisp bag or something out the window. My colleague (who I didn't know very well) switched into the next lane and drove up alongside the guy in front, rolled down the window and started calling him a litter lout. Guy seemed to get rather embarrassed, as the traffic wasn't moving very quickly and there were a lot of pedestrians and other drivers around.

A couple of years later, I tried to follow his example.

I was sitting on a bus moving very slowly along the quays in Dublin. Saw this guy next to us throw an empty dutch gold can out onto the road. I managed to catch his eye, and gestured at him to pick up his trash. He proceeded to throw every other piece of rubbish, bits of old newspapers, cigarette stubs etc out of his car and onto the road, gave me the middle digit, and drove off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

You can throw fruit into ditches though, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Putting rubbish on the ground is illegal,no matter what speed you're travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

paddyzk wrote: »
    Putting rubbish on the ground is illegal,no matter what speed you're travelling.

Even if you're going the speed of light?
    Surely the impressiveness of the situation would counteract any silly legalities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

İs it against the law to throw start rubbish out a car window threads in AH?

No, but it certainly should be.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You can throw fruit into ditches though, right?
    great now there is a potassium imbalance in the micro-environment :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

TBH if you are throwing litter out of a car while driving the Guards should do you for dangerous driving, careless driving at least

5 penalty points and a fine of up to €1500 and hopefully a lifelong driving ban after you do your term in the aids wing of the 'joy :mad:

Advertisement