Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free day out.

Options
  • 30-06-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭

I have just been to Rathfarnham castle and its a fantastic free attraction, it would be great for small children ( not toddlers ) its got an exhibition of toy/dolls and clothes from the 18Th century any girl would love it plus there is a very good play ground beside it.

What I would do to make a day of it is have a picnic, go to superquin in Ballinteer, where there they make feresh role and have lovely cakes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

we had our baby naming ceremony there and its a lovely spot holds lots of memories for me and I grew up down the road from it, I remember it years ago before they did up the castle they opened it for a viewing before the restoration ( I was about 15 at the time so long time ago) and even then it was amazing, and since its been done up it is truly fabulous what they have done with the place.

It is a lovely castle and lovely grounds, the playground is nice and big and its nice to be able to sit and have a coffee and cake in the coffee shop, we also bring bread and feed the ducks when we go, its a great place but shhhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone :D

Advertisement