Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU and GPU overclocking

Options
  • 30-06-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I would like to over overclock my processor

its AMD Athlon 64 x 2 5600 2.8GHZ to a 3.1/3.2.

Is this a good idea to overclock it ?

I am also worried of the effects of it on my motherboard and power supply.

My GPU is GTS 450 I would like to to clock it as well.

My power supply is a cooler master 430pcar.

My motherboard is asrock alivenfg6.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 AncientW

Look up the parts you have (gpu, motherboard, cpu etc...) and see what's the maximum safe voltage, make sure you don't cross it. Make sure you have good cooling. Increase your BCLK slowly, if you get to a point where your PC doesn't boot up Windows (or whatever OS you use) the increase the Vcore just a slight bit. Play around with the settings, see what worked for other people. You can always reset all settings back to default if you want, i think it's F7 in BIOS :) Hope I helped a little bit.

EDIT: Oh I didn't notice your target (3.2GHz). It should be pretty easy to hit, don't increase anything just the BCLK I think stock voltages should handle that. BTW I have no clue about overclocking GPU's sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Note: BCLK is marked as HTT on AMD machines but it's the same idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

For the GPU try unlocking in Nvidia Control Panel, increase core and frequency in small increments and test after each. Don`t expect a substantial performance gain on that card though :(

Advertisement