Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child friendly place to stop between Wicklow and Kerry

Options
  • 30-06-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

I will be travelling from Wicklow to Kerry with two children and am looking for a good place to break the journey. Ideally somewhere to eat that is near a playground or somewhere to stretch our legs. I will be grateful for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

not sure which way you would be going

However we always stop in Adare ( the visitor centre ) It has a coffee shop, clean toilets and a park across the road ( no playground I think )

The car park is behind the visitor centre , so right at the roundabout and its on your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Dont stop at Matt the threashers - children not welcome.
    Kildare outlet is good to stop at, playground, restaurant and shopping.
    Adare is a good idea too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You could take a small detour off the M7 to Moneygall and go to the pub Obama visited. Bit of lunch and a walk around the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Which way you travelling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Orion wrote: »
    You could take a small detour off the M7 to Moneygall and go to the pub Obama visited. Bit of lunch and a walk around the village.

I went into the pub last year with my inlaws on the way back from kerry.
    nice and friendly. FIL signed the visitor book before obama and got a photo with the obama bust to show his mayoral colleagues back home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement