Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice about the County Enterprise Boards/Enterprise Ireland

Options
  • 30-06-2012 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I own 50% of a limited company formed at the very start of 2011. We started as online retailers of beauty products but things went reasonably well and we moved into distribution. We (my business partner and I) started the business with our own funds and never received or applied for any government funding. We are now at the point where we have an opportunity to aggressively expand the business but we really do need some external help with funding. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the County Enterprise Boards/Enterprise Ireland helping pre-existing companies with a track record of making money?

Any advice would be appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Flipper wrote: »
    Hi all,

I own 50% of a limited company formed at the very start of 2011. We started as online retailers of beauty products but things went reasonably well and we moved into distribution. We (my business partner and I) started the business with our own funds and never received or applied for any government funding. We are now at the point where we have an opportunity to aggressively expand the business but we really do need some external help with funding. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the County Enterprise Boards/Enterprise Ireland helping pre-existing companies with a track record of making money?

Any advice would be appreciated?

I'm pretty sure you would be eligible for a business expansion grant. The will invest up to 30K I think but you have to match the investment. you will have to submit a business plan and go through interviews first I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Yes, you could apply for an expansion grant, and possibly employment grants with your CEB - make an appointment to go in and have a chat with someone there and they should be able to set you in the right direction.

Advertisement