Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing in cavan

Options
  • 30-06-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

hi guys

new to fishing and thinking of heading out for a few hours tomorrow in cavan. Any one recommend a quite place were one can go and do a bit of fishing and gather his taughts. dont mind if a lake or river as i need to start somewhere. Any tips or advice would be great. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FishHook

Hi Capefear,

You are spoilt for choice, if you are fishing in Cavan...there are so many lakes there!! Castle Lake outside Bailieborough is in a nice setting, and there are plenty if stands to fish off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 glabousky

like that you are spoilt for choice....some cracking lakes down beside me in killashandra and ballyconnel....also some good river fishing....just depends what fish you are targeting....an early morning tench fishing on a lake is hard bet in my opinion....and most of the lakes down around killashandra would be ideal for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

as above spoit for choice and you end up not knowing where to go,did you head fishing so capefear,how you get on?

Advertisement