Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

Especially considering 2 seasons ago we had Racing and Clermont in our pool?

Toulouse also. With a bonus point as I recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Almaviva wrote: »
    Toulouse also. With a bonus point as I recall.
    The last time we had Toulouse in our pool was 07/08 and we didnt get a TBP against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

funtime93 wrote: »
    The last time we had Toulouse in our pool was 07/08 and we didnt get a TBP against them.

We finished 3rd in the pool in fact, Leicester were ahead of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fanki na pengin

Fates are really conspiring against us this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster were poor in the Heineken group stages and probably don't deserve to go through.

But it annoys me that a team so lacking in quality is going to go through instead of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

It's just one of those years I suppose, there is still a European/League double on the cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Clegg wrote: »
    Leinster were poor in the Heineken group stages and probably don't deserve to go through.

But it annoys me that a team so lacking in quality is going to go through instead of us.
    Completely agree especially since there's no hope whatsoever of Munster going all the way.I'd laugh if Toulouse got two bonuses and knocked Munster out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

This is going to haunt us next year when we win it again. Could have been 4 in a row. Now it's just going to be 4 in 6 years.....FML

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

funtime93 wrote: »
    Completely agree especially since there's no hope whatsoever of Munster going all the way.I'd laugh if Toulouse got two bonuses and knocked Munster out though.

Wrong thread, actually, wrong forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I don't dislike Munster tbh.

I'd be annoyed at any team that qualified by playing that poorly.

But I suppose we wouldn't be talking like this if Leinster had just performed a bit better when it actually mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

So we're in the Amlin now....

I think this season has been jinxed by the spirit of Wesley Fofana's bicep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Gotta aim for the Amlin now.
    At least the final is on our home patch! Great motivation to go and win it.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You're bound to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Just not our year. Referees cost us a QF place these last 2 weekends, and we should have done more in the first 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

I want us to win the Rabo, couldn't give a rat's arse about the Amlin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

So who are we playing in the Amlin QF?? Chances are that we are going to be the highest ranked player that drops down to the Amlin.

tolosenc wrote: »
    Just not our year. Referees cost us a QF place these last 2 weekends, and we should have done more in the first 4.

Ref didn't cost us anything, it's just one of those years. If anything, this is the best chance at a double we've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Absolutely sick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

So who are we playing in the Amlin QF?? Chances are that we are going to be the highest ranked player that drops down to the Amlin.

Either Stade, Bath, Wasps or Perpignan, don't think we can play Heino teams

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

So we're in the Amlin now....

Good chance for our B&I Cup squad to get a competitive run out, or a bit of game time for the likes of O'Malley or D Kearney. Not worth insulting our first team with though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Either Stade, Bath, Wasps or Perpignan, don't think we can play Heino teams

If we go through as first losers from the heineken, we play third in teh Amlin - i.e. Wasps.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think Wasps get the highest ranked HEC team to drop down, then Perpignan, and then Gloucester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Away to Perpignan for the Amlin QF. Balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Only one way to save our season now....

RaboDirectPRO12trophy.jpg

AND

amlin-challenge-cup-trophy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Perpignan are the third ranked team after the pool stages so looks like it'll be them.
    Bath are 1st seeds, followed by Gloucester

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Sandwlch wrote: »
    Good chance for our B&I Cup squad to get a competitive run out, or a bit of game time for the likes of O'Malley or D Kearney. Not worth insulting our first team with though.

Insulting??????

What BS!

If Leinster took the mick in the Amlin I'd be disgusted and any possible home game I'd have no interest in paying money to see. It's another chance to win some silverware and should be respected as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

matthew8 wrote: »
    Very winnable game. In don't get the hate for the Amlin here. I would love to win it on our home patch and guarantee Connacht HC rugby next year again.

vienne86 wrote: »
    If we go through as first losers from the heineken, we play third in teh Amlin - i.e. Wasps.

Sorry, I meand we play fourth in the Amlin i.e. Wasps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Actually Wasps not Perpignan.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »

I'm almost sure it's Wasps, no?

Bath v Stade Francais
    Gloucester v Heineken Cup 3
    Perpingan v Heineken Cup 2
    Wasps v Heineken Cup 1

We will be Heineken Cup 1, unless there's a better runner up than us.

Runners up into Amlin are:

Leinster - 20 points
    Leicester / Toulouse - 17/19 points
    Biarritz - 15 points

Northampton - 15 points but worse try record - eliminated as worst runner up.

Unless a freak result happens (Toulouse get losing bonus and try bonus) then we will be Heineken 1 and play Wasps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Just found this

1 (ACC 1) v 8 (ACC 5)
    2 (ACC 2) v 7 (Heineken Cup 3)
    3 (ACC 3) v 6 (Heineken Cup 2)
    4 (ACC 4) v 5 (Heineken Cup 1)

Most likely we will be HC1 so we will get acc4 so we get Wasps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

Honestly, no-one remembers who won the Amlin from one year to the next, it's an irrelevancy.

It'll be Perpignan once Leicester and Toulouse knock Munster down to the Amlin too. I just know that game is going to be a fix.

Hippo wrote: »
    Honestly, no-one remembers who won the Amlin from one year to the next, it's an irrelevancy.

I follow rugby pretty closely. But couldnt even name a team that has ever won it, in any year. Its a minor trophy for losers.

Want that Pro 12 one very badly now though....

A possible Amlin final in the RDS of Leinster v Toulouse......ha! The two highest Heineken cup holders!

Yes they do. Quins in 2011, Biarritz 2012, Leinster 2013.

I personally go to most of them. Maybe you aren't aware but the quality of rugby is not that far below the H Cup once you get to the knockouts

I follow rugby pretty closely. But couldnt even name a team that has ever won it, in any year. Its a minor trophy for losers.

Want that Pro 12 one very badly now though....

Off hand Biarritz and Quins were the last two winners, and was it Toulon the year before that?

So Amlin Quarter-Final is:

Bath vs Stade Francais
    Gloucester vs Biarritz
    Perpingan vs Leicester / Toulouse
    Wasps vs Leinster

The semi-final draw is on after the Leicester vs Toulouse game. A home semi vs the winner of Bath v Stade Francais would be ideal. ;)

• Advertisement

The final of the Amlin is at the RDS, and winning it gets Connacht into the H Cup next season, those two reasons alone make it worthwhile

Biarritz and Quins won the last two off the top of my head!

Aside from any Leinster reasons for them wanting to win from the IRFU point of view and the financial point of view it's important Leinster do their best. Then there is the fact if an Irish team wins any European trophy Connacht qualify for the HEC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Do Amlin winners get automatic qualification into the HC? Would be nice to win it and see Connacht in the HC again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Have to laugh at the people turning their nose up at a potential European final in Dublin.

Any silverware is better than no silverware.

Teferi wrote: »
    Do Amlin winners get automatic qualification into the HC? Would be nice to win it and see Connacht in the HC again.

Yup.

A possible Amlin final in the RDS of Leinster v Toulouse......ha! The two highest Heineken cup holders!

Says it all. They just shouldnt be there. You dont throw teams from 5th to 8th in the Premier League into the Championship for the last few games and give them a shot at winning that. Amlin is fine for those who start in it. A nonesense for those who are ejected from the HC.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Connacht would be in if we win the Amlin.

Teferi wrote: »

Yes. Leinster win would get another Irish team in to the Heineken i.e. Connacht

its_phil wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the people turning their nose up at a potential European final in Dublin.

Any silverware is better than no silverware.

I'd rank Scarlett Johannsen as the best looking lady in the world followed by Jennifer Lawrence.

I would not be turning down a night with Jennifer Lawrence under any circumstances :D

Says it all. They just shouldnt be there. You dont throw teams from 5th to 8th in the Premier League into the Championship for the last few games and give them a shot at winning that. Amlin is fine for those who start in it. A nonesense for those who are ejected from the HC.

In soccer teams drop from the champions league to the UEFA cup iirc

Dunno what you're on about at all about the English league competitions!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

I follow rugby pretty closely. But couldnt even name a team that has ever won it, in any year.

Well that's a contradiction.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement