Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

donfers wrote: »
    do you guys think that the irfu would have pushed out the boat a bit further wagewise if there was no Madigan coming through i.e. knowing full well there was a quality replacement there they decided against offering more than 500k even if it was within their means to do so

Wouldn't think so. It would have set a precedent for other players to follow. There was no way they where going to allow that to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

tolosenc wrote: »
    Suppose Lenihan and Nugent will be there cheering on Zebre?
    More like patronizing Zebre.

I guarantee they will work Munsters HC semi and Leinsters poor season in somehow tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hype710 wrote: »
    Picking a Rabo team of the year is actually very difficult as its hard to legislate picking test players who don't play in it often! Actually had Madigan as the only Leinsterman in my team despite how well we've done in the league.

I had Cronin in there too. 4 tries and a lot of rugby played, really stepped up when Strauss was injured/with Ireland. Darts have been off, but thinking of the top 4 hookers... who's hasn't?

decisions wrote: »
    More like patronizing Zebre.

I guarantee they will work Munsters HC semi and Leinsters poor season in somehow tho.

It's hardly a poor season. We're in the running for a home SF in the Rabo.

We were knocked out of the Heineken because we couldn't beat Clermont (no great shame there) and didn't score well against Scarlets (only HEC game I've much problem with!).

We've an Amlin SF coming up instead, in Dublin, with the final to be played on our home turf a few weeks later.

I think we're having a pretty decent season tbh! Had we any other second seeds bar Clermont in our HEC group we'd be looking at it very differently. But we did have Clermont, and we are where we are now. Still in with a shout for a domestic and european double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

.ak wrote: »
    I had Cronin in there too. 4 tries and a lot of rugby played, really stepped up when Strauss was injured/with Ireland. Darts have been off, but thinking of the top 4 hookers... who's hasn't?

Sherry. He's just about the only hooker in the country with consistent darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

Yeah I was stuck in a few positions, front row and centres mainly. Cronin is probably as good a shout as any, can't think of many standouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

donfers wrote: »
    do you guys think that the irfu would have pushed out the boat a bit further wagewise if there was no Madigan coming through i.e. knowing full well there was a quality replacement there they decided against offering more than 500k even if it was within their means to do so

No.... Wasn't there speculation that it wasn't down to the money in the end and more a falling out between agent/IRFU?

Despite that, we can't compete with the French and if we get into bidding wars its the beginning to an end.

He's not in the top 4 though.

We were knocked out of the Heineken because we couldn't beat Clermont (no great shame there) and didn't score well against Scarlets (only HEC game I've much problem with!).

We've an Amlin SF coming up instead, in Dublin, with the final to be played on our home turf a few weeks later.

I think we're having a pretty decent season tbh! Had we any other second seeds bar Clermont in our HEC group we'd be looking at it very differently. But we did have Clermont, and we are where we are now. Still in with a shout for a domestic and european double.

Poor by recent standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Strauss has fine darts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

He's not in the top 4 though.

Cronin
    Strauss
    Best

Who else is better than Sherry?

trouttrout wrote: »
    Cronin
    Strauss
    Best

Who else is better than Sherry?

I mean the top 4 teams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Hows Hibbard doing in the RDP? I know he broke into the Wales squad and did quite well in the 6 nations but I haven't seen alot of the Ospreys lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

What happened to Darcy at the weekend? Why did he come off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Grimebox wrote: »

Calf strain, apparently made the call himself in case he tore something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

Any update/confirmation on the signing that was rumoured to be announced today?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Just reading programme I got over the weekend, when did the lads play for Connacht?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Having a look again at the scrums from the other night. Kilcoyne's binding is unbelievable at times, he must have learned something from Marcus! I presume big Mike handed over the jersey afterwards.

Watch the scrum at around 73 minutes for example, and look at what he's doing. This got away cleanly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Having a look again at the scrums from the other night. Kilcoyne's binding is unbelievable at times!

Watch the scrum at around 73 minutes for example, and look at what he's doing. This got away cleanly.

He was at it all night. Nigel Owens penalised him for first two and then ignored it for the rest of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I'm no prop but it must be a fcuking nightmare trying to get a quick grasp on those tight jerseys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Yeah Owens just wasnt at the races all night for some reason, breakdown was a complete mess which is unusual for him, you could see the frustration in the Leinster players in the 2nd half, they started giving the Munster guys on the wrong side an awful shoeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Hagz wrote: »
    I'm no prop but it must be a fcuking nightmare trying to get a quick grasp on those tight jerseys.

The idea of handles on the props jerseys isn't very viable though, imagine you only got your baby finger into the strap, then the scrum collapses, finger would break so quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Having a look again at the scrums from the other night. Kilcoyne's binding is unbelievable at times, he must have learned something from Marcus! I presume big Mike handed over the jersey afterwards.

You can see that Owens is on the other side of that scrum, in his defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'd add Racing's collapse at home to Sarries and lack of giving a **** against Munster to that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Anyone have any updates on Dave Kearney's health after Saturday's game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

He was the same against Quins. Seems to be a standard thing from him. Refs aren't doing enough about that sort of thing though in general so it just encourages that kind of infringing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Grimebox wrote: »

radio said calf strain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

slowburner wrote: »
    Anyone have any updates on Dave Kearney's health after Saturday's game?
    "Dave was unconscious for a while but he's fine. He was concerned about whether or not he'd caught the ball," said Schmidt. "He'll miss a few weeks now, which is a frustration to him because he had reached a rhythm."

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/news/20835.php

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

Leinster never turned up for the first group game no one blame but themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

finatron wrote: »

You will fit in well here :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It was because of us.

Regards,
    The Illuminati

image_normal.jpgfergmcfadden: Nice gesture but don't think he is out of hospital yet... #CarelessCoffee http://t.co/9fOI9aqh79

So DK still in hospital, whats the usual time for a knock out/concussion for observation etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

It was because of us.

Regards,
    The Illuminati

Fecking knew Exeter where involved with that lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Hagz wrote: »

I'd like to see the tights dropped for scrum players.

Fecking knew Exeter where involved with that lot

No one is "involved" with us. We involve ourselves in everything.

Regards,
    The Illuminati

Leinster were missing Sean O'Brien, Gordon D'Arcy, Luke Fitzgerald and Rob Kearney. Brian O'Driscoll was playing his second game of the season (after coming off against Munster with an ankle injury the week before) and our back line that day had only ever played together in that formation once. We had an out-half at full-back and third string players on the bench. Andrew Conway would have been behind Dave Kearney as well yet he had to start that day because Kearney was injured too. We'd had absolutely no consistency in selection in the weeks leading into the game and so couldn't build any momentum. It wasn't just a simple case of not showing up.

Exeter played out of their skin too

Ross O'Carroll-Kelly ‏@RossOCK 2h Imagine how insufferable I would be today if I'd had Ian Madigan's talent. Terrifying. Terrifying.

Exeter played out of their skin too

I have been seriously impressed by them this season. They really gave it everything home and away even in that last game where they had nothing to play for.

molloyjh wrote: »
    I have been seriously impressed by them this season. They really gave it everything home and away even in that last game where they had nothing to play for.

In essence they could probably brag they knocked us out of the H-Cup by bringing their game to Dublin.

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »

Nightmare 4th seed team for anyone next year imo if they qualified

In essence they could probably brag they knocked us out of the H-Cup by bringing their game to Dublin.

And refusing to leak tries like a French team in the last game. :pac:

Nicked from LF if results go to his predictions

There would be some juicy ties if it happened like this

Giving tiers as follows.

Leinster
    Toulouse
    Clermont
    Toulon
    Munster
    Ulster

Northampton
    Harlequins
    Cardiff Blues
    Saracens
    Leicester
    Perpignan

Edinburgh
    Wasps
    Ospreys
    Scarlets
    Glasgow
    Montpellier

Connacht
    Gloucester
    Castres
    Racing Métro
    Treviso
    Zebre

Leinster, Perpignan, Edinburgh, Zebre
    Leinster, Leicester, Ospreys, Recing Metro

Loads of permutations allowing for pretty sure you cant have two from France in the same group early on. Need my cuppa tea.

If you take Cardiff in tier 2 instead of Perpignan it changes a fair bit I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

All I'll say is thank **** Clermont will be out of Tier 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

It would be gas if we got Racing next year. The master versus the apprentice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

ConFurioso wrote: »
    All I'll say is thank **** Clermont will be out of Tier 2.

Even if I have to take a beating from them I love playing Clermont. Hands down the best fans in the world.

Teferi wrote: »
    It would be gas if we got Racing next year. The master versus the apprentice.

Darcy V Roberts

Gordon thanks this post

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Ulster. Cardiff, Edinburgh, Zebre.........

jacothelad wrote: »

That can't happen. Each pool must contain an English and French club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

jacothelad wrote: »

You need a French and English team in each group

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement