Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

ssaye wrote: »
    Nicked from LF if results go to his predictions

There would be some juicy ties if it happened like this

Giving tiers as follows.

Leinster
    Toulouse
    Clermont
    Toulon
    Munster
    Ulster

Northampton
    Harlequins
    Cardiff Blues
    Saracens
    Leicester
    Perpignan

Edinburgh
    Wasps
    Ospreys
    Scarlets
    Glasgow
    Montpellier

Connacht
    Gloucester
    Castres
    Racing Métro
    Treviso
    Zebre

Leinster, Perpignan, Edinburgh, Zebre
    Leinster, Leicester, Ospreys, Recing Metro

Loads of permutations allowing for pretty sure you cant have two from France in the same group early on. Need my cuppa tea.

If you take Cardiff in tier 2 instead of Perpignan it changes a fair bit I think

Cardiff, Wasps and Castres would do nicely...

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

molloyjh wrote: »
    Leinster were missing Sean O'Brien, Gordon D'Arcy, Luke Fitzgerald and Rob Kearney. Brian O'Driscoll was playing his second game of the season (after coming off against Munster with an ankle injury the week before) and our back line that day had only ever played together in that formation once. We had an out-half at full-back and third string players on the bench. Andrew Conway would have been behind Dave Kearney as well yet he had to start that day because Kearney was injured too. We'd had absolutely no consistency in selection in the weeks leading into the game and so couldn't build any momentum. It wasn't just a simple case of not showing up.

Ya that's a fair point but Leinster where lucky to even win that day against h-cup first timers.
    There was alot of post blaming this team and that result truth is Leinster drop the ball themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

finatron wrote: »
    Ya that's a fair point but Leinster where lucky to even win that day against h-cup first timers.
    There was alot of post blaming this team and that result truth is Leinster drop the ball themselves

Where is this coming from? Who is blaming anybody for anything?

Lads, do not feed.

finatron wrote: »

True I suppose. We had chances but couldn't convert them. Even if there were mitigating circumstances we still should have done better. But as Mohammed Shapely Stationery pointed out, credit where it is due. They were very good on the day themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

molloyjh wrote: »
    True I suppose. We had chances but couldn't convert them. Even if there were mitigating circumstances we still should have done better. But as Mohammed Shapely Stationery pointed out, credit where it is due. They were very good on the day themselves.

Chiefs game?

Chiefs were fantastic!

Leinster were riddled with injuries!

There was a bit of sloppy ball from us at times yes and the Chiefs exploited this but under the circumstances, we managed with what we had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

There was no shame in not putting Exeter to the sword after both performances they put in against us. They were really up for it and wanted to topple the champs, they came close to it too. Cracking fans too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004A79AD6B4363?brand=ie_leinster
    Tickets available to the public for Semi

and you must print your tickets if you bought them through your ST Leinster account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭ed7890

Lads, do not feed.

I think you'll find someone blaming Racing Metro 2 pages back

Any players from the TOP 14(French Nationals to narrow it down) not going to make it to the National team worth the time/effort to be scouted by Leinster?

Inexperienced and/or 30+ and still plenty left in the tank and cheapish

Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Any players from the TOP 14(French Nationals to narrow it down) not going to make it to the National team worth the time/effort to be scouted by Leinster?

Suggestions?

Freddie :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

Lads, do not feed.

A few pages back racing and others been blamed anyways just wanted to give my thoughts on that,
    also I don't want to take anything away from Exeter my favorite team to watch in premiership

Freddie :rolleyes:

What was the point of that post, seriously.

Surely not everyone in France in on megabucks and there could be a potentially fantastic player there who would travel to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I'm more annoyed with Racing for their capitulation against Saracens than their display against Munster. If they had closed that game out (as they should have) they would surely have made an effort in the Munster game

What was the point of that post, seriously.

Surely not everyone in France in on megabucks and there could be a potentially fantastic player there who would travel to Ireland.

Just a bit of fun pal!

ssaye had posted a link to 'CyberVulcans', the Clermont fan forum, on the Clermont v Munster preview. this was one of the posts:

"On a une voie royale jusqu'en finale, faut vraiment dessouder le Munster pour ravir les Leinsterfans. Si ceux ci sont en finale d'Amlin le même week end que nous, ma main à couper qu'ils vont prendre double ticket pour venir nous pousser haut et fort en finale de H Cup.
    En face ca sera le RCT probablement, mais ya trop de joueurs anglais au RCT au gout des Leinsterfans"

"We have a great path to the final, and if we really take Munster apart it will delight the Leinster fans. If they're in the Amlin final the same weekend as us, I'd bet my hand that they'll buy tickets for both to come and support us very strongly in the H Cup final.
    It will probably be against Toulon, but there are too many English at Toulon for the Leinster fans' taste."

ssaye had posted a link to 'CyberVulcans', the Clermont fan forum, on the Clermont v Munster preview. this was one of the posts:

"On a une voie royale jusqu'en finale, faut vraiment dessouder le Munster pour ravir les Leinsterfans. Si ceux ci sont en finale d'Amlin le même week end que nous, ma main à couper qu'ils vont prendre double ticket pour venir nous pousser haut et fort en finale de H Cup.
    En face ca sera le RCT probablement, mais ya trop de joueurs anglais au RCT au gout des Leinsterfans"

"We have a great path to the final, and if we really take Munster apart it will delight the Leinster fans. If they're in the Amlin final the same weekend as us, I'd bet my hand that they'll buy tickets for both to come and support us very strongly in the H Cup final.
    It will probably be against Toulon, but there are too many English at Toulon for the Leinster fans' taste."

I'll be going to the final and supporting whichever side comes out of that game. Clermont deserve it more than anyone but at the same time it'd be nice to see the HEC stay in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

They're probably right. Excluding the majority of the fans here, who for the most part will support any Irish team first and then their nominated '2nd' after, there's is a massive, massive amount of die-hards who'll be in the pubs cheering on Clermont for the semi. That's just the way it is, as is the history between our two clubs.

I'll defo be supporting whoever comes out of that semi to the final anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

.ak wrote: »
    They're probably right. Excluding the majority of the fans here, who for the most part will support any Irish team first and then their nominated '2nd' after, there's is a massive, massive amount of die-hards who'll be in the pubs cheering on Clermont for the semi. That's just the way it is, as is the history between our two clubs.

I'll defo be supporting whoever comes out of that semi to the final anyhow.

I'd love to see clermont comprehensively rip Saracens to pieces in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

As a Leinster fan, I'll be supporting Munster to go all the way. My allegiance is Leinster first but Ireland 2nd and I want any other Irish team to be successful in Europe if Leinster can't be in a given season.

Mind you outside of Ireland, Clermont are my favoured team. I have tickets for the final, and whatever happens I'll be there to cheer on whoever comes out of the Clermont Munster game.

errlloyd wrote: »

When you put it like that then yes, I would love to see Clermont win. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

truthfully I will be going 'Yeeeeeeee' for the both teams in the Clermont V Munster match and 'Booooooooooooo' to both teams in the other game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Personally I want Clermont to dismantle Munster.

All for Irish rugby success, but the arrogance of some Munster fans I know recently and since we didn't make it through the group stage has forced me to root against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

All for Irish rugby success, but the arrogance of some Munster fans I know recently and since we didn't make it through the group stage has forced me to root against them.

Ah don't. Support Munster-but only in the knowledge that they are going to get turned over. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm 100% supporting Munster in spite of all you have said. I have seen similar arrogance but you have to rise above it, your just as bad at them otherwise. I want nothing more than POC to raise that trophy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Grimebox wrote: »
    I'm 100% supporting Munster in spite of all you have said. I have seen similar arrogance but you have to rise above it, your just as bad at them otherwise. I want nothing more than POC to raise that trophy

Agreed, I'm ignoring the distateful crap from a lot of Munster fans and throwing my support behind an Irish team. Still most important match to me on semi-final weekend is in the Amlin.

Grimebox wrote: »

Isn't Howlett the captain?

Edit: I suppose it will be like 06 with both of them doing it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I just want to watch a good game of rugby. Chances for one are higher with those two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Suggestions?

Vincent Clerc or Poitrenaud? They're probably on good money though, Clerc especially. Some of the Pacific Islanders would be worth looking at, someone like Nakaitaci who's behind Nalanga, Sivivatu and Malzieu at Clermont would be a good signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Ignore them and focus on the loyal, friendly, knowledgable and humble fans, of which Munster have many.

Personally it's C'mon Munster!! (But also c'mon Clermont). It's a ridiculous feeling. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Isn't Howlett the captain?

My mistake. POC captained last weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

I think there was a bit of a whitewash yesterday with the Clermont match in mind, it's certainly left me very bitter and as of now am hoping that Munster get their asses handed to them in Montpellier. I know that come kick off though It'll be near impossible not to get behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

It's an interesting thing, who gets the lift the trophy. Generally the captain tells whoever they think deserves to lift it just before taking to the podium. Cullen an Whitaker lifted our first one, which was special considering the opposition, but the next one was lifted by Shaggy and Darce, and then finally by Cullen and Jennings.

Ah jesus lads. I'm a thick ignorant Leinster supporter who can't but be impressed by Clermont, but there's no way I'm cheering on a bunch of overpaid mercenaries (:pac:) against POC, Zebo, Kilcoyne, POM, Murray and O'Donnell et al!

I'll happily watch Munster beat those cheese eating surrender Monkeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Squad update

Kearns is fine. He'll be off for a few weeks.

McFadden and Sexton back this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Teferi wrote: »
    Squad update

Darce hopeful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Teferi wrote: »
    Squad update

So this match is "a week too soon" for Jordi Murphy eh? Every week the squad update seems to have somebody for whom this match is "a week too soon".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

ambid wrote: »
    So this match is "a week too soon" for Jordi Murphy eh? Every week the squad update seems to have somebody for whom this match is "a week too soon".

How many times did we hear that about luke :(

ambid wrote: »

Realistically, Murphy has played his last game of the season at this stage, unless the Ospeys game somehow ends up being a dead rubber. It's a shame because he was very impressive when he got his chance.

Burgo wrote: »
    How many times did we hear that about luke :(

Loads of arguments to talk about I suppose.

Strength and condition or lack of compared to English/Welsh etc, accidents, the argument the welfare program aint working as we still had 20+ injuries to central contracted players etc.

Players are tacking like demons and breaks are going to occur. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years time or less more players will be in sick bay more than being able to be fielded across the whole league and we will be delving further into the academy during the Rabo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Realistically, Murphy has played his last game of the season at this stage, unless the Ospeys game somehow ends up being a dead rubber. It's a shame because he was very impressive when he got his chance.

Will surely be going on one of the Irish tours, hopefully the US one

Tox56 wrote: »
    Will surely be going on one of the Irish tours, hopefully the US one

Oh yeah, didn't think of that. I'd say Georgia is a lot more likely though, I'd think the likes of POM, Coughlan, TOD, Henderson, Henry will all be ahead of him for USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭chancer12

Loads of arguments to talk about I suppose.

Strength and condition or lack of compared to English/Welsh etc, accidents, the argument the welfare program aint working as we still had 20+ injuries to central contracted players etc.

Players are tacking like demons and breaks are going to occur. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years time or less more players will be in sick bay more than being able to be fielded across the whole league and we will be delving further into the academy during the Rabo.

Speaking of Luke, any update? Has he had his surgery yet? Think Eoin O'Malley and himself are the unluckiest players in Leinster. such a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Oh yeah, didn't think of that. I'd say Georgia is a lot more likely though, I'd think the likes of POM, Coughlan, TOD, Henderson, Henry will all be ahead of him for USA.

The question is whether he can make Munster in the B&I cup semi final. Would be nice for him to play a knockout semi final even if its only the B&I cup. If we make the final it would be great for the fringe players.

I assume people like Macken and O'Malley will go and play for Emerging Ireland which will be good for them coming back to Leinster after good exposure to international set up.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

errlloyd wrote: »
    Hell yes. This pleases me :)

chancer12 wrote: »
    Speaking of Luke, any update? Has he had his surgery yet? Think Eoin O'Malley and himself are the unluckiest players in Leinster. such a shame.

Next season start is all I know unfortunately.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/rabo-direct-pro-12/2013/0416/381708-schmidt-to-meet-the-irfu-over-ireland-job/

The more I think about it, the more I can't see Joe working closer with the IRFU than he already is. I just think there is a bit of ill -will there imo. Could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Joe Schmidt not mincing his words over the POC incident anyway...

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/schmidt-unhappy-with-o-connell-decision-1.1362086

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Joe Schmidt not mincing his words over the POC incident anyway...

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/schmidt-unhappy-with-o-connell-decision-1.1362086

wouldn't expect him to.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement