Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

LEINSTER 'A':

15: Dave Kearney
    14: Andrew Boyle
    13: Tom Daly
    12: Brendan Macken
    11: Sam Coghlan-Murray
    10: Noel Reid
    9: Adam Griggs

1: Jack McGrath CAPTAIN
    2: James Tracy
    3: Jamie Hagan
    4: Tadhg Beirne
    5: Ben Marshall
    6: Rhys Ruddock
    7: Conor Gilsenan
    8: Jordi Murphy

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Thomas Sexton
    17: Jack O'Connell
    18: Martin Moore
    19: Jack Conan
    20: Jordan Coghlan
    21: Isaac Boss
    22: Cathal Marsh
    23: Adam Byrne

Interesting, very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Should be a good game, Munster side looks strong

Munster A: Felix Jones; Johne Murphy, Danny Barnes, Ivan Dineen, Ronan O'Mahony; JJ Hanrahan, Peter Stringer; James Cronin, Sean Henry, Christy Condon; Dave Foley, Ian Nagle; Shane Buckley, Tommy O'Donnell, Paddy Butler capt. Replacements: Duncan Casey, John Ryan, Kevin Griffin, Brian Hayes, Phil Donnellan, Ryan Murphy, Duncan Williams, Scott Deasy, Cian Bohane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Tox56 wrote: »
    LEINSTER 'A':

REPLACEMENTS:

Do you have to buy tickets for this or is it cash on the stiles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

LEINSTER 'A':

REPLACEMENTS:

It's a pity EOM, Ryan and Roux didn't make it for this....

Also, great to see a Suttonian making the squad. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Can someone explain to me who some of these lesser known names are in the Leinster A team. Any potential bolters?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Does anyone know why the game against Fiji is an Ireland A game? Sorry if this question was posted before but couldn't see anything about it?

Not particularly confident about this match. It's a good enough Munster team out and as .ak says I was hoping to see the likes of EOM, Ryan and Roux playing some part (Cooney too). It's a decent team but I would have liked to see Leinster really go for this one, we haven't beaten Munster A for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Coburger wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the game against Fiji is an Ireland A game? Sorry if this question was posted before but couldn't see anything about it?

There can only be full capped internationals in the Aviva

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me who some of these lesser known names are in the Leinster A team. Any potential bolters?

Which names in particular? Gilsenan is a great prospect, although you might know him from the U20s RWC. Boyle's a natural speedster, worth looking at too. Griggs is a total unknown for me, plays for Suttonians - I've yet to see him play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Leinster's team seems far weaker/younger than Munsters, inexperienced Tracey at hooker. Pity its on a thursday afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Great to see Tom Daley and Adam Byrne involved. Two good young players imo.

Would love to see this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Tom Daly - centre from carlow. irish youth in 2011. involved with irish 20s atm
    Adam Byrne - full back from naas. irish youth in 2011

ormond lad wrote: »
    Tom Daly - centre from carlow. irish youth in 2011. involved with irish 20s atm
    Adam Byrne - full back from naas. irish youth in 2011

I would've thought Byrne is a centre first and foremost?

Not particularly confident about this match. It's a good enough Munster team out and as .ak says I was hoping to see the likes of EOM, Ryan and Roux playing some part (Cooney too). It's a decent team but I would have liked to see Leinster really go for this one, we haven't beaten Munster A for a while

Yeah, Leinster seem to be seeing it more of a run out but that is probably due to them being down to their bare bones between the Irish squad and injuries. They seem to be going out of their way to give young players experience (even despite a good lot of the side already being 3rd/4th string).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'm actually quite happy with that pack. Surprised Moore doesn't feature but that's about the only complaint. Is he injured? It would have been great to get a couple of the injured lads back in for it, but with another week before the Glasgow game hopefully we'll see a few more returning then.

The back line I'm not as comfortable with. I don't know Daly or Griggs at all and I'm surprised to see Macken at 12. Plus after the B&I SF last season my confidence in Reid at 10 isn't great. Still our back 3 look good. Does Cooneys exclusion suggest those rumours we heard recently were true?

Pity it's on so early as I really would have liked to have seen it. Anyone here going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

There can only be full capped internationals in the Aviva

Why so?

Folks posts have been deleted here - the name and/or position of the Connacht player has not been officially released, suggesting anything may leave boards open to a libel case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

durkadurka wrote: »
    Why so?
    Terms of the naming rights contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Holy jaysus, that Adam Byrne guy is huge, looks to be some athlete.
    Anyone seen him play much?

688394.jpg

• Advertisement

Holy jaysus, that Adam Byrne guy is huge, looks to be some athlete.
    Anyone seen him play much?

He's 19 in that pic too... He's actually a tad light, but at 19 he's the prospect of being a big unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

.ak wrote: »
    Also, great to see a Suttonian making the squad. :)

Who?

I played with Tom Sexton there, but I presume you mean someone else?

tolosenc wrote: »
    Who?

I played with Tom Sexton there, but I presume you mean someone else?

Griggs I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

Tracy experiment is definitely worth watching. Certainly room for a hard scrummaging hooker (he's around 110 kg) and he'll find it difficult to get game time ahead of McGrath and O'Connell if he stays at LH. Very adept in the loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

I would've thought Byrne is a centre first and foremost?

byrne is very light to be playing in the centre at this level.

griggs has played in the itm cup as far as ive heard so he should be up to it at least.

He's 19 in that pic too... He's actually a tad light, but at 19 he's the prospect of being a big unit.

between Adam Byrne, Tom Daly and the 2 ulster centres farrell and Olding we'll have some talent & bulk in the U20's this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

bamboozle wrote: »
    between Adam Byrne, Tom Daly and the 2 ulster centres farrell and Olding we'll have some talent & bulk in the U20's this year
    Farrell is out for the season. Cruciate ligaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

Daly is the sub-academy

bamboozle wrote: »

Was Byrne playing for the Leinster U20's this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

It's a strong Leinster back row at the same time- well capable of holding its own at pro12 level imo. And the front row looks strong too.

Munster probably have the edge in the backs alright but it should be an interesting game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

No. Played Leinster 19s

Interesting, someone on LF has worked out the Academy starters, and it works out at 3 of the Munster starters are Academy, where as 9 of the Leinster starters Academy (including 1 sub-academy).

That's a pretty daunting prospect.

Interesting, someone on LF has worked out the Academy starters, and it works out at 3 of the Munster starters are Academy, where as 9 of the Leinster starters Academy (including 1 sub-academy).

That's a pretty daunting prospect.

9 academy starters, 1 sub academy starter and a Griggs.. Talk about an unknown quantity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Weird tream alright. You would expect the centres to be swapped around. Daly is primarily a 12 and Macken a 13. Never heard of Griggs. Wish I could go to this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭6dsp9

Rory O'Loughlin was taken up from 19s to play 20s this season,it was between him and Adam Byrne for that place I think. Byrnes being seen as a winger in the Irish 20s squad as far as I know

• Advertisement

Madigan was saying on twitter that Tadhg Furlong was making his debut in the A game, but he isn't in the official squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

goreyguy wrote: »
    Madigan was saying on twitter that Tadhg Furlong was making his debut in the A game, but he isn't in the official squad.
    He has already played for the As

Madigan doesn't say anything about Furlong making his debut, just that he's starting

Madigan doesn't say anything about Furlong making his debut, just that he's starting

confused, not his debut but starting. which doesn't appear to be the case according to what was released yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

goreyguy wrote: »
    confused, not his debut but starting. which doesn't appear to be the case according to what was released yesterday

Hagan might have hurt something causing the lineup to change

• Advertisement

Hagan might have hurt something causing the lineup to change

Would be odd for Furlong to jump straight into the starting lineup though. Sometimes these announcements for the A team can be a little dodgy.

9 academy starters, 1 sub academy starter and a Griggs.. Talk about an unknown quantity

Average age of Leinster team 21, average age of Munster team 24

Would be odd for Furlong to jump straight into the starting lineup though. Sometimes these announcements for the A team can be a little dodgy.

Leinster Rugby just tweeted the team again there and no Furlong. Think people are looking too much into it, Madigan was probably ripping it out of him for not being included which wouldnt be the first time for twitter.

Leinster leading 6-5.

Reid 2/3 from penalties, Munster scored a try.

Hagz wrote: »
    Weird tream alright. You would expect the centres to be swapped around. Daly is primarily a 12 and Macken a 13. Never heard of Griggs. Wish I could go to this.

I thought that too, and although the team Leinster tweeted still had Macken 12 Daly 13, they also tweeted a picture and it looks like Macken wearing 13:

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/269085453838348289/photo/1

I'm telling you these squad announcements for 'A' teams are really strange sometimes.

Hanrahan is 0/2 with the boot and Reid 3/4 as Leinster lead 9-5

Leinster with two penalties from scrums so far, 9-5 Leinster.

Reid off for Marsh.

Reid off for Marsh presume injury

9-8.

HT 9-11 Munster.

McGrath sin binned for not rolling away, but apparently a team pen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement