Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Turns out it was O'Malley. Would have recognised Dave or Sob. Thanks for the help!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Eoin O Malley maybe?
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Turns out it was O'Malley. Would have recognised Dave or Sob. Thanks for the help!

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I think it's safe to say you don't know what you're talking about and that the player you saw was actually Dave Kearney.

*Proof
    Dave-Kearney-boots-Carlingford.jpg

Next time you wanna know what player you're looking at, just PM me, I know a lot about rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

fifty%20shades.jpg

Jesus lads. Things don't get any worse than that. Leinster are doing their best to re-earn past reputations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I heard Rob Kearney is the protagonist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

fifty%20shades.jpg

Jesus lads. Things don't get any worse than that. Leinster are doing their best to re-earn past reputations.

As a Munster lover of Leinster this kind of thing gets at me. The whole Leinstertainment irked me too

Comes with success I suppose. It became fashionable to be seen at a Munster rugby game for certain people back around 2007. Same people haven't been seen since and wouldn't know one end of the rugby ball from the other

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Why though?

Leinster have a bit of a track record at bringing out limited edition T Shirts that are a bit silly.

If you can't laugh at yourselves ( D4tress) what can you do?

Why though?

Leinster have a bit of a track record at bringing out limited edition T Shirts that are a bit silly.

If you can't laugh at yourselves ( D4tress) what can you do?

Ah it's not a big thing but I wouldn't be wearing one if I was a Leinster fan! Just like I wouldn't have one of those "Irish by Birth, Munster by grace of god" car stickers

Maybe it's just me!

The T Shirt only comes in Womens size so I'm not sure you'd be able to get one anyway, assuming you're a man that is.

Ah well it could be worse. We could be putting Ogham writing on our third jersey :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

This issue is nothing compared to the urgent need to develop a second training base and stadium in Wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

What a sh*t idea for a t-shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Ah it's not a big thing but I wouldn't be wearing one if I was a Leinster fan! Just like I wouldn't have one of those "Irish by Birth, Munster by grace of god" car stickers

Maybe it's just me!

They aren't intended as a joke though, being the difference.

I certainly wouldn't buy that shirt but as it's clearly done in good humour so I don't really care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I like the way it casually slips in the "#1 Irish Province" bit.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlxevfY-eS2VLs7MUtEZsDUGBz_72GBuWo57xXEsxUwRiaB9V7

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmBMcw-fP5rmJt-HNCRWDvsDZ9fL3RyBLFfJ0KETbDpbv5iYVOKg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGbaIyTbDPNokoJqs1HpoHrXAIrDXXks8xX44yDG9VTcebznka_w

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1e_0NcMjN9591Edmd2OpJsQChzrIpiOj2J2w3ORNluQD9M2Rxkg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXaR5qW3xUk6YddxZZ6ATqz3egmBLvE1U9wJfgPv1Q3oemXKYF

Leinster and the OLSC make these t shirts pretty regularly. They're silly, but fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭jm08

The T Shirt only comes in Womens size so I'm not sure you'd be able to get one anyway, assuming you're a man that is.

Ah well it could be worse. We could be putting Ogham writing on our third jersey :pac::pac:

Youd only need women's sizes for a team of Ladyboys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

jm08 wrote: »
    Youd only need women's sizes for a team of Ladyboys :)

We are very proud of our Ladyboys culture in Leinster!!:D

danthefan wrote: »
    They aren't intended as a joke though, being the difference.

I certainly wouldn't buy that shirt but as it's clearly done in good humour so I don't really care.

I've seen Leinster stickers too saying the same thing btw :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    I've seen Leinster stickers too saying the same thing btw :pac:

But those are jokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

He's wrong anyway, it's "Leinster by the grace of BOD"...

and long may it last.

This is a most silly of silly seasons.

Bring on the heino fixtures today at 12...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

durkadurka wrote: »

Please God let the Clermont fixtures be the back to back ones...that'll make for another particularly silly season!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

molloyjh wrote: »
    durkadurka wrote: »

Please God let the Clermont fixtures be the back to back ones...that'll make for another particularly silly season!

I would have thought that's a certainty, no? Two of the favourites for the competition in the same group, they'll be epic games

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Could equally be first and last to set up a final match showdown. Anyway we'll know soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Sky like organising as many possible showdowns in Rounds 5&6 as possible, like Munster vs Saints last season.

Leinster like to fill the aviva around Xmas time though. I bet it's clermont back to back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Back to back Leinster-Clermont showdown in December. Times for rounds 5 and 6 not out by the looks of it.
    FIXTURES
    (All kick-offs local time with live TV coverage where relevant)

ROUND 1

FRIDAY, 12 OCTOBER 2012

Pool 2 Ospreys v Benetton Treviso, Liberty Stadium 20.00 Sky Sports
    Pool 4 Ulster Rugby v Castres Olympique, Ravenhill 20.00 Sky Sports/Sport+

SATURDAY, 13 OCTOBER 2012

Pool 1 Edinburgh Rugby v Saracens, Murrayfield 13.35 Sky Sports
    Pool 1 Racing Metro 92 v Munster Rugby, Stade de France 14.35 Canal+/Sky Sports
    Pool 3 Zebre v Connacht Rugby, Stadio XXV Aprile (Parma) 14.35 Sky Italia
    Pool 5 Leinster Rugby v Exeter Chiefs , RDS 15.40 Sky Sports/Canal+Sport
    Pool 5 ASM Clermont Auvergne v Scarlets, Stade Marcel Michelin 16.40 FR2/Sky Sports
    Pool 3 Harlequins v Biarritz Olympique, Twickenham Stoop 18.00 Sky Sports/Sport+

SUNDAY, 14 OCTOBER 2012

Pool 4 Northampton Saints v Glasgow Warriors, Franklin's Gardens 12.45 Sky Sports
    Pool 6 Sale Sharks v Cardiff Blues, Salford City Stadium 12.45 Sky Sports
    Pool 2 Toulouse v Leicester Tigers, Le Stadium 16.00 FR2/Sky Sports
    Pool 6 Toulon v Montpellier, Stade Felix Mayol 21.00 Canal+/Sky Sports

ROUND 2

FRIDAY, 19 OCTOBER 2012

Pool 4 Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby, Scotstoun Stadium 20.00 Sky Sports
    Pool 4 Castres Olympique v Northampton Saints, Stade Pierre Antoine 21.00 Canal+/Sky Sports

SATURDAY, 20 OCTOBER 2012

Pool 5 Scarlets v Leinster Rugby, Parc y Scarlets 13.35 Sky Sports
    Pool 2 Benetton Treviso v Toulouse, Stadio Comunale di Monigo 14.35 Sky Italia/Canal+/Sky Sports
    Pool 1 Saracens v Racing Metro 92, King Baudouin Stadium (Brussels) 16.40 FR2/Sky Sports
    Pool 3 Connacht Rugby v Harlequins, The Sportsground 18.00 Sky Sports
    Pool 5 Exeter Chiefs v ASM Clermont Auvergne, Sandy Park 18.00 Sky Sports/Sport+
    Pool 3 Biarritz Olympique v Zebre, Parc des Sports Aguilera 19.00 Canal+

SUNDAY, 21 OCTOBER 2012

Pool 1 Munster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby, Thomond Park 12.45 Sky Sports
    Pool 6 Cardiff Blues v Toulon, Cardiff Arms Park 12.45 Sky Sports/Sport+
    Pool 2 Leicester Tigers v Ospreys, Welford Road 15.00 Sky Sports
    Pool 6 Montpellier v Sale Sharks, Stade Yves du Manoir 16.00 FR2/Sky Sports

ROUND 3

FRIDAY, 7 DECEMBER 2012

Pool 4 Glasgow Warriors v Castres Olympique, Scotstoun Stadium 19.35
    Pool 3 Connacht Rugby v Biarritz Olympique, The Sportsground 20.00 Sky Sports/Canal+Sport
    Pool 4 Northampton Saints v Ulster Rugby, Franklin's Gardens 20.00 Sky Sports

SATURDAY, 8 DECEMBER 2012

Pool 5 Scarlets v Exeter Chiefs, Parc y Scarlets 13.35 Sky Sports
    Pool 2 Toulouse v Ospreys, Stade Ernest Wallon 14.35 Canal+/Sky Sports
    Pool 3 Zebre v Harlequins, Stadio XXV Aprile 14.35 Sky Italia
    Pool 2 Leicester Tigers v Benetton Treviso, Welford Road 15.40 Sky Sports
    Pool 6 Sale Sharks v Toulon, Salford City Stadium 15.40 Sky Sports/FR2
    Pool 1 Munster Rugby v Saracens, Thomond Park 18.00 Sky Sports
    Pool 1 Racing Metro 92 v Edinburgh Rugby, Stade Yves du Manoir 19.00 Canal+/Sky Sports

SUNDAY, 9 DECEMBER 2012

Pool 6 Cardiff Blues v Montpellier, Cardiff Arms Park 12.45 Sky Sports/Sport+
    Pool 5 ASM Clermont Auvergne v Leinster Rugby, St Marcel Michelin 16.00 FR2/Sky Sports

ROUND 4

FRIDAY, 14 DECEMBER 2012

Pool 1 Edinburgh Rugby v Racing Metro 92, Murrayfield 20.00 Sky Sports/Canal+Sport
    Pool 3 Biarritz Olympique v Connacht Rugby, Parc des Sports Aguilera 21.00 Canal+/Sky Sports

SATURDAY, 15 DECEMBER 2012

Pool 2 Ospreys v Toulouse, Liberty Stadium 13.35 Sky Sports/Canal+
    Pool 2 Benetton Treviso v Leicester Tigers, Stadio di Monigo 14.35 Sky Italia/Sky Sports
    Pool 3 Harlequins v Zebre, Twickenham Stoop 15.00
    Pool 5 Leinster Rugby v ASM Clermont Auvergne, Aviva Stadium 15.40 Sky Sports/FR2
    Pool 5 Exeter Chiefs v Scarlets, Sandy Park 15.40 Sky Sports
    Pool 4 Ulster Rugby v Northampton Saints, Ravenhill 18.00 Sky Sports
    Pool 6 Montpellier v Cardiff Blues, Stade Yves du Manoir 19.00 Canal+/Sky Sports

SUNDAY, 16 DECEMBER 2012

Pool 4 Castres Olympique v Glasgow Warriors, Stade Pierre Antoine 13.45 Canal+/Sky Sports
    Pool 1 Saracens v Munster Rugby, London venue (TBC) 15.00 Sky Sports
    Pool 6 Toulon v Sale Sharks, Stade Felix Mayol 16.00 FR2/Sky Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

chris85 wrote: »
    Back to back Leinster-Clermont showdown in December. Times for rounds 5 and 6 not out by the looks of it.

Back to back is going to be great to watch!

Back to back is going to be great to watch!

You better belive it will be. Dont think will be able to head down to Clermont but would be epic if I could. Will certainly head to the home game in the Aviva, a nice Saturday afternoon kick off which is great for few jars and brilliant atmosphere.

Why a Sunday in Clermont!? Why!?

• Advertisement

Aerlingus are doing a nice little 134euro flight from Friday to Monday if anyone fancies making a weekend of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Think I may take the Monday off and head over. Want to experience it.

Agreed. Pain for travelling.

Also, we defo need to put on a decent reception for the Clermont fans now that we know what date they'll be over. :)

Sat 13 Oct: Leinster Rugby v Exeter Chiefs , RDS 15.40 Sky Sports/Canal+Sport
    Sat 20 Oct: Scarlets v Leinster Rugby, Parc y Scarlets 13.35 Sky Sports
    Sun 9 Dec: ASM Clermont Auvergne v Leinster Rugby, St Marcel Michelin 16.00 FR2/Sky Sports
    Sat 15 Dec: Leinster Rugby v ASM Clermont Auvergne, Aviva Stadium 15.40 Sky Sports/FR2

The last time we played Clermont in the Pool stages we played them on a Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Sat 13 Oct: Leinster Rugby v Exeter Chiefs , RDS 15.40 Sky Sports/Canal+Sport
    Sat 20 Oct: Scarlets v Leinster Rugby, Parc y Scarlets 13.35 Sky Sports
    Sun 9 Dec: ASM Clermont Auvergne v Leinster Rugby, St Marcel Michelin 16.00 FR2/Sky Sports
    Sat 15 Dec: Leinster Rugby v ASM Clermont Auvergne, Aviva Stadium 15.40 Sky Sports/FR2

The last time we played Clermont in the Pool stages we played them on a Sunday.

Last time in Clermont was a Saturday evening if I am not mistaken?

• Advertisement

Teferi wrote: »
    Think I may take the Monday off and head over. Want to experience it.

see you there pal.

gis a text/mail about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Suits me perfectly thankfully. Won't be able to take days off around then so the 1 night JWT option is looking good. Fly over Saturday morning and home Sunday night. Means I only get 1 night over there, but with them coming over the following week it should make up for it.
    .ak wrote: »
    Also, we defo need to put on a decent reception for the Clermont fans now that we know what date they'll be over. :)

Yeah we have to do something for them all right. Bordeaux was nothing short of epic so we owe them!
    Big Nelly wrote: »

Nope, Sunday game too. 12th December.

Big Nelly wrote: »

It was a Sunday, my Dad's flight was delayed out on Sunday night and he ended up going straight to work on Monday morning from the airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Isn't Sunday afternoon the prime choice for rugby on French TV? Presume that's why we get this burden when playing away.

.ak wrote: »
    Aerlingus are doing a nice little 134euro flight from Friday to Monday if anyone fancies making a weekend of it.

Not anymore they're not.

Bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Happy enough with that sequence of games; would be hoping for a good win at home to Exeter to get things rolling, and then when the Clermont games are done and dusted, we'll know what is needed from rounds 5 & 6.

Reckon Clermont will make that game in Aviva the focus of their season.

Reckon Clermont will make that game in Aviva the focus of their season.

I'm not so sure, I reckon the game in Clermont will be their biggie. Their away record is that bad that if they were to target away games it would be against Exeter and Lanelli. They've only won 4 out of their 6 pool games in each of the last 3 seasons with their away victories being against Aironi, Saracens (in the last pool game when Saracens were had been out of the comp at a few games by that stage), and Viadana!

Hmm...I've a feeling Clermont may target the Leinster away game nonetheless for the understandable if irrational reason that we've pissed them off.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Hmm...I've a feeling Clermont may target the Leinster away game nonetheless for the understandable if irrational reason that we've pissed them off.

Honestly if they win their first 3 games (Lanelli H, Exeter A, Leinster H) they'll be more than happy with that, especially if Leinster also win their first two games as that could put Lanelli and Exeter only having mathematical chances of qualifying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Cant wait to go to Clermont. Those back to back games are going to be unreal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

prices are awol now... damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was hoping for Dublin then France, can only (possibly) make the Aviva. Waslooking forward to a trip to the Auvergne, and meet those amazing fans in their element. Still.....was there ever any doubt about the double header?

Also.....+1 on the France based game being on a Sunday......16:00 is gonna be 01:00 here......looks like I'm gonna be 'sick' on the monday! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Too early to book my train tickets, ill have to wait until mid August..

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Taking the Clermont double header in isolation-am a bit surprised they have agreed to their home game first. I think that Leinster an advantage playing at home second.

Feva In The Aviva PT III Attack Of The Clones (ie the Kearney Bros.) coming up!:)

Panics over lads:

@SeanOBrien1987: Hay baled, thanks be to Jesus that's done for another year! #loosingpatience”

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement