Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

I'm actually surprised he hasn't asked one of the water boys to run on with his phone when there is a break in the game so that he can tweet while on the pitch*

*Jamie this isn't a suggestion just in case you read this

@jamie Just scored a try #howyoulikemenow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

ssaye wrote: »
    ERC Rugby ‏@ercrugby #ERCStats: @jamieheaslip has completed the most tackles - missing none boasting 100% success by making 50 in 4 #HeinekenCup apps

bloody houdini hiding on the wings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

leftleg wrote: »
    bloody houdini hiding on the wings

He's no Stakhanov!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

.ak wrote: »
    Murphy's not in either squad. Must be carrying a niggle.

Just on this, he might be the extra man being kept in reserve for the senior squad (as he was in Clermont), and this might also be the reason why there is no sign of EOM? Possible doubt over BOD's fitness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Tox56 wrote: »
    Just on this, he might be the extra man being kept in reserve for the senior squad (as he was in Clermont), and this might also be the reason why there is no sign of EOM? Possible doubt over BOD's fitness?

I dunno about Murphy but I'm sure that the player covering the backs is Goodman not EOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I talked to my friend from the branch and he reckons Murphy and Byrne are defo reserves. Not sure about EOM or Goodman, but certainly if the A game was on the Sunday or after the game we'd see a slightly different A team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I talked to my friend from the branch and he reckons Murphy and Byrne are defo reserves. Not sure about EOM or Goodman, but certainly if the A game was on the Sunday or after the game we'd see a slightly different A team.

Any word on why no McLaughlin on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

But Byrne isnt registered for the HEC surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Adam Byrne?
    Not a chance! Sure he's not even registered!

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Any word on why no McLaughlin on the bench?

Injury, site says he should be back next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Adam Byrne?

Is o malley registered?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭EASYbeingCHEESY

bout to sit down an watch rugby for weekend. Can anyone tell me what would be the best results for leinster this weekend,who we want loosing etc to reach knockout stages. asuming that we get the BP point wins from last 2 matches

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

bout to sit down an watch rugby for weekend. Can anyone tell me what would be the best results for leinster this weekend,who we want loosing etc to reach knockout stages. asuming that we get the BP point wins from last 2 matches

Need Sale to beat Montpellier
    Northampton to beat Castres without a BP
    Racing to beat Saracens and Munster to beat Edinburgh

Also could do with Ulster winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Need Sale to beat Montpellier
    Northampton to beat Castres without a BP
    Racing to beat Saracens and Munster to beat Edinburgh

Would we not like Edinburgh to beat Munster?

muster to win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Absolutely ideal results for this weekend.

Pool 1:
    Munster win, any kind
    Racing Metro win, no LBP for Saracens

Pool 2:
    Ospreys win, no LBP for Leicester
    Treviso win, at most 1 BP for Toulouse

Pool 3:
    Harlequins win, TBP (sorry Connacht)
    Zebre win

Pool 4:
    Northampton win, no bonus points

Pool 5:
    Leinster win, TBP
    Clermont win (coupled with the above result will eliminate Chiefs, so it might make next weekend easier for us)

Pool 6:
    Sale win, at most one BP for Montpellier

and with hardly any tries im presuming were pretty far back on that count aswell

pity ive backed castre at 4/1 aswell loked good bet lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Why do we have to pretend that we want Munster to win this weekend? It is clear and obvious that the best case scenario for Leinster is an Edinburgh win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

In pool 1 it would be better for Saracens to win and Munster to lose

Adam Byrne?

Apologies, he meant goodman.

In pool 1 it would be better for Saracens to win and Munster to lose

Right, but I reckon Sarries losing is a more likely result. Edinburgh are ****e.

Must add though, we don't want Munster picking up a bonus point.

Apologies, he meant goodman.

I thought your Adam Byrne love might have got out of hand for a second there!

I thought your Adam Byrne love might have got out of hand for a second there!

Adam Byrne doesn't need to register for the erc...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

People are making this results thing too complicated.

Northampton win with no bonus
    Racing win no bonuses for either side
    Leicester get anything but a win & TBP

That will mean Castres are out of the running and Northampton can't get any more than 19, Sarries can only get 19, the loser of Munster-Racing is out, the loser of Leicester-Toulouse can only get 19. If we get 2 TBP wins we'd be ok.

A Sale win would be great but nigh on impossible. If those other results to our way we won't need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Sale are 12-6 down. Hardly nigh on impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

9-6 to the Saints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

molloyjh wrote: »
    People are making this results thing too complicated.

Northampton win with no bonus
    Racing win no bonuses for either side
    Leicester get anything but a win & TBP

That will mean Castres are out of the running and Northampton can't get any more than 19, Sarries can only get 19, the loser of Munster-Racing is out, the loser of Leicester-Toulouse can only get 19. If we get 2 TBP wins we'd be ok.

A Sale win would be great but nigh on impossible. If those other results to our way we won't need it.

There is next to no chance of sarries not getting at least a losing bonus at racing.What's their try count like?

Any chance of replacing Nathan Hines with Ali Kellock? Serious player.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

funtime93 wrote: »

There is next to no chance of sarries not getting at least a losing bonus at racing.What's their try count like?

Ah yeah, I'm talking ideal results. We've got one of the 3 from Northampton tonight. Sarries are on 9 tries and should get a TBP win against Edinburgh next week. We need them to miss out in a bonus point in one of two games, or score 7 less tries than us over the 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

We're relying on Cardiff to beat Toulon and Edinburgh to beat Munster. On top of getting two TBP wins

The game is up.

Higher wrote: »
    We're relying on Cardiff to beat Toulon and Edinburgh to beat Munster. On top of getting two TBP wins

The game is up.

No we're not :confused:

Toulon can go ahead and top the pool. However we'll require them to beat Monty the week after. That's one I wouldn't like to call.

If Toulon need something for a home qf then they'll send a proper team.

Yeah but we witnessed how tough Montpellier can be at home last season.

Yeah but we witnessed how tough Montpellier can be at home last season.

They've already lost to Toulon at home this year though iirc.

Edit
    Aye: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/rugby/top-14/2012-2013/montpellier-toulon-530266.html

They've already lost to Toulon at home this year though iirc.

Edit
    Aye: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/rugby/top-14/2012-2013/montpellier-toulon-530266.html

I remember that game actually. Still think with a home quarter to play for...

Pools 3 and 4 are out of contention. We have to assume that Pool 6 will qualify.

One of Pool 1, Pool 2, and Pool 5.

Basically if Sarries get 0 points or Munster fail to win, and Leicester or Toulouse get less than 5 match points (assuming they both win this weekend, and don't draw with and each get a TBP in round 6) and the ball is in Leinster's court.

If we can get to 20 we'll get through. I can feel it in me water .

Racing vs sarries is the pivotal match of the weekend now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Leinster need 10 points (ok maybe 9 will do) from the next two matches otherwise we can look forward to going to one of Gloucester, Wasps, Stade Francais or Bath in the Amlin

• Advertisement

durkadurka wrote: »
    Racing vs sarries is the pivotal match of the weekend now.

If that goes in our favour, and/or the Leicester-Ospreys game does too... Cloud 9.

Regarding pool 1, is the alternative to Sarries being denied any points this: Sarries win, Racing get 0/1 points, Munster lose with 0/1 points. That'd mean Racing could get a max 18 points and Munster a max 17?

tolosenc wrote: »
    If that goes in our favour, and/or the Leicester-Ospreys game does too... Cloud 9.

I can't see how the Osprey's Tigers match can go in our favour aside from it being a draw though.

Ospreys win they go to 13 points with a fairly probably 4/5 to come away to Treviso leaving them with 18/19

Tigers win they go to 18 points with at least another point coming at home to Toulouse leaving them with anything between 19 and 23

Regarding pool 1, is the alternative to Sarries being denied any points this: Sarries win, Racing get 0/1 points, Munster lose with 0/1 points. That'd mean Racing could get a max 18 points and Munster a max 17?

Yeah if sarries win we're supporting embra.
    But given Munster are likely to beat embra, then we want racing to win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭Banbridgeman2

durkadurka wrote: »

Yeah if sarries win we're supporting embra.
    But given Munster are likely to beat embra, then we want racing to win.
    What if Munster and sarries lose?

I think the Ospreys need to win for us. It'd put them on 13/14 with Tigers on 14/15. Toulouse will probably win their game, we'll say by TBP, end up on 18 for the final weekend. That'd put the pool at Toulouse18/Tigers15/Ospreys13 (most likely), and Toulouse play Tigers in the final game right? Well, Toulouse can get a max of 19 if they lose, and a max of 23 if they win. We'd be hoping for the latter so it'd knock Tigers/Ospreys out.

So basically, in short, we need O's to win this weekend, and then Toulouse to win against Tigers... They're big asks imo, but not impossible.

I think the Ospreys need to win for us. It'd put them on 13/14 with Tigers on 14/15. Toulouse will probably win their game, we'll say by TBP, end up on 18 for the final weekend. That'd put the pool at Toulouse18/Tigers15/Ospreys13 (most likely), and Toulouse play Tigers in the final game right? Well, Toulouse can get a max of 19 if they lose, and a max of 23 if they win. We'd be hoping for the latter so it'd knock Tigers/Ospreys out.

So basically, in short, we need O's to win this weekend, and then Toulouse to win against Tigers... They're big asks imo, but not impossible.

We'd need to finish on 20 points ourselves for that scenario to work though wouldn't we?

Depends if Sarries gets a LBP. If they do, they're on 15, Racing would be on 16/17 in the last round. If Munster beat them in TP we'd still have to assume Sarries will do the business against Embra and end up on 19/20 points.

So yeah, that could also work, as it'd mean the pool would end up with Sarries taking all at 19/20, Racing 16/17, Munster with 15/16.

So, strangely enough, the Sarries/Racing result wouldn't really matter. However then we'd be banking on Embra beating Munster. Not gonna happen. Not after last weekend.

Provided Sarries don't get a bonus point, the runner up from pool 1 can't make 20 points. Good news for Leinster. That BP they got in Thomond is really annoying now.

Ospreys to win this weekend should do the trick. Don't see Leicester racking up 4 tries against a very interested Toulouse, who will just need an LBP.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

pithater1 wrote: »
    We'd need to finish on 20 points ourselves for that scenario to work though wouldn't we?
    Surely no matter what you're going to need 20 points?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement