Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I really don't get the talk of let's all root for Racing tomorrow. Yeah, if they can deny the LBP. Otherwise Saracens finish on 20, 6 tries ahead of us already, and with an absolute walk in the park against Edinburgh. We don't need an Ospreys win either, we just need Leicester denied the TBP, unless there is a draw in the final game.

Munster, Munster, Munster. They are the team we need to watch. If we can gain a point on them while winning both games, we should be through, otherwise it is pretty certain we won't be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

What if Munster and sarries lose?

I just don't know. Head melted . Going to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

pithater1 wrote: »
    We'd need to finish on 20 points ourselves for that scenario to work though wouldn't we?

Not if Toulouse beat Tigers in the last round. That'd mean the runner up in that pool would end up on 16 at most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

pithater1 wrote: »
    We'd need to finish on 20 points ourselves for that scenario to work though wouldn't we?

Pretty much any chance we have is predicated on us getting 20 points. We'll get 5 this weekend. If it's in our hands going into round 6, I'd back us to squeeze it in Exeter.

Getting ahead of ourselves here. Smash Scarlets by 6/7 tries and then we'll talk about squeezing into the HEC.

We are some distance from being in contention tbh.

• Advertisement

Yeah totally, it's just nice to know how to root for when watching the other games in the boozer! ;)

Getting ahead of ourselves here. Smash Scarlets by 6/7 tries and then we'll talk about squeezing into the HEC.

We are some distance from being in contention tbh.

Reasonably high chance of destiny being back in our own hands by Sunday evening, though. Given the fixtures, it's this weekend that we really need the results to go our way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

durkadurka wrote: »
    I just don't know. Head melted . Going to bed.

If I can summarise then, its simple enough :

if we win, get the bonus point, they lose, that game goes to a draw, the other game is a win for either team with no LPB or TB, one of the French teams drops one, the other one doesn’t turn up since they cant qualify anyway, Munster don’t in the first game, but then do in the last game, though with no tries, then its all down to the Exeter game, and if BOD walks on water, then we qualify.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The game on in Donnybrook tomorrow. What time is KO and can ye just pay at the gate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

awec wrote: »
    The game on in Donnybrook tomorrow. What time is KO and can ye just pay at the gate?
    I'm pretty sure its 2pm and you should be able to pay at the gate

• Advertisement

Ticketmaster isn't working for me, keeps failing to find tickets. Any idea of the price?

Probably a tenner at most.

Might head in for a gawk so (and a few pints :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ticketmaster isn't working for me, keeps failing to find tickets. Any idea of the price?

Twenty yo yos for non reserved seats in the unenclosed north and south stands. 40-50 for seats in the covered stands. I could be wrong, but I don't think that TicketMaster let you buy tickets online this close to game day.

Have a feeling that this will be a sell out, considering the circumstances. Is there a number to call in the morning to see if tix are still available?

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Twenty yo yos for non reserved seats in the unenclosed north and south stands. 40-50 for seats in the covered stands. I could be wrong, but I don't think that TicketMaster let you buy tickets online this close to game day.

Have a feeling that this will be a sell out, considering the circumstances. Is there a number to call in the morning to see if tix are still available?
    I'm talking about the game in Donnybrook against Pontypridd.

Hopefully you're not. :eek:

Awec's talking about the donnybrook game I believe. The rds game is indeed sold out.

Awec I reckon you'll enjoy the a game, well worth the tenner in. It won't be near sold out as its still a pool game, so you'll get a decent seat no bother. Pints in the club aren't too bad either.

.ak wrote: »
    Awec's talking about the donnybrook game I believe. The rds game is indeed sold out.

Awec I reckon you'll enjoy the a game, well worth the tenner in. It won't be near sold out as its still a pool game, so you'll get a decent seat no bother. Pints in the club aren't too bad either.
    I've never been in the Donnybrook stadium, where abouts is the club? Presumably the entrance is on the main road there just up from Kielys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm talking about the game in Donnybrook against Pontypridd.

Hopefully you're not. :eek:

Apologies. Crossed wires there.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

I've never been in the Donnybrook stadium, where abouts is the club? Presumably the entrance is on the main road there just up from Kielys?
    Bective Rangers clubhouse at one end of main pitch and Old Wesleys clubhouse is at the other end of pitch
    Entrance is just down from Kielys

Yep, just walk past Kielys, on your left. After your enter the club is on the left for pints, stand is to your right, there's a decent view from anywhere really, as its a steep one. There's terracing all around it too if you prefer to stand.

Good looking team, and Pontypridd were fairly physical in the quarter last season, plus girve has the backs playing some really good stuff, so yeah should be a great game to kick off the rest of the day! Looking forward to it now.

• Advertisement

Yep, just walk past Kielys, on your left. After your enter the club is on the left for pints, stand is to your right, there's a decent view from anywhere really, as its a steep one. There's terracing all around it too if you prefer to stand.

Good looking team, and Pontypridd were fairly physical in the quarter last season, plus girve has the backs playing some really good stuff, so yeah should be a great game to kick off the rest of the day! Looking forward to it now.
    Sounds the ticket! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

AWEC I think you can get pints in Old Wesley too (depending on where you sit in the ground Old Wesley might be easier to go to than Bective). Both clubhouses/bars are behind the opposite goalposts.

The ground's pretty easy to find, there's a filling station across the road from it and the back of the stand is covered in advertising for Leinster. It's about a half hour walk from town or about 10-15 mins on a 46a or 145 bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

For those interested, we will be shouting for Racing to beat Saracens tomorrow and deny them a losing bonus point and for Ospreys to get any kind of win at home to Leicester.

If those two results come through, coupled with Leinster getting a BP win over Scarlets, we are right back in the mix for final round drama.

Sharks did us no favours by not only losing at home to Montpellier, but being absolutely hammered and conceeding a bonus point!

It's far from over yet, boys and girls!!

#ALLEZLESBLEUS #COYBIB :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Didn't want to spam the entire forum so thought I would post it here.

Anyone got any recommendation for an Irish pub in Milan to watch the game tonight in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Sharks did us no favours by not only losing at home to Montpellier, but being absolutely hammered and conceeding a bonus point!

Don't worry too much about that. BP makes little difference. If Montpellier win their last two games in any fashion, they finish ahead of us. It's now imperative that Toulon beat them. They're hot favourites for the runner up spot now and, depending on how things go this weekend, could still top the group mathematically.

In relation to Racing, I'll be hoping Sarries stuff them. Racing never beat anyone by much. They win with the boot. If they're going to win, it will be very tight for a losing BP which would almost certainly guarantee Saracens to finish ahead of us. It's playing with fire. I'd much rather Saracens go out from the off and win comfortably. There's less chance of Munster winning with two try bonus points.

That's risky. I can't imagine any scenario where the vast majority of teams in this competition wouldn't come away with a BP win from Edinburgh at the moment, then Racing out of the competition going to Thomond Park, send a second string? Coupled with Munster knowing if they need a BP / how many tries they would need? Against a disinterested French team away from home in a amped up Thomond Park where they'll call it "The Jesus Christ Lays Our Destiny To Righteous Glory Once Again" match...I wouldn't be suprised if they're already printing off the DVD covers.

Better if Racing win imo.

It would hand Munster the group, but would open up a runner up spot wide for us to grab. If the above script played out and with a bit of luck we might even get drawn away to Munster in the quarters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

in a amped up Thomond Park where they'll call it "The Jesus Christ Lays Our Destiny To Righteous Glory Once Again" match...I wouldn't be suprised if they're already printing off the DVD covers.

:D

Nice. You gotta love that The World is Against Us But We Are The Chosen People of Rugby complex though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

For those interested, we will be shouting for Racing to beat Saracens tomorrow and deny them a losing bonus point and for Ospreys to get any kind of win at home to Leicester.

If those two results come through, coupled with Leinster getting a BP win over Scarlets, we are right back in the mix for final round drama.

It's far from over yet, boys and girls!!

#ALLEZLESBLEUS #COYBIB :p
    The fact that Montpellier got a bonus point is actually irrelevent.They are now on 18 points and still need to beat Toulon next week.There's no chance Racing will beat Sarries by more than 7 and its virtually impossible for 2 to come out of Leicester's pool anyway since they play Toulouse next week so really from Leinster's point of view,unless Munster lose one of their games,its all on Toulon beat Montpellier next week.Either that or Munster only get 9 points from these 2 games with Leinster getting 10 meaning most tries goes through.Munster are only on 7(very catchable if we smash Scarlets today)

All the other results are pretty meaningless unless we get a minimum of 9 points from the next two matches to be fair.

Let's try to keep our destiny in our own hands, would be better for everyone's hearts and heads that way ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

funtime93 wrote: »
    The fact that Montpellier got a bonus point is actually irrelevent.They are now on 18 points and still need to beat Toulon next week.There's no chance Racing will beat Sarries by more than 7 and its virtually impossible for 2 to come out of Leicester's pool anyway since they play Toulouse next week so really from Leinster's point of view,unless Munster lose one of their games,its all on Toulon beat Montpellier next week.Either that or Munster only get 9 points from these 2 games with Leinster getting 10 meaning most tries goes through.Munster are only on 7(very catchable if we smash Scarlets today)
    It is relevant bevause of the posibility of them picking up a LBP against Toulon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

It is relevant bevause of the posibility of them picking up a LBP against Toulon.

The chances of us getting through on 19 are incredibly slim. We need 10 points from these 2 games end of really.

I think we're all better off focusing on what we want to have happen this weekend. If it doesn't then we've plenty of time to worry about it (and work out the various permutations from it) next week.

We need 3 results to go our way this week (plus our own obviously):
    Northampton to win with no TBP - check
    Racing to win and deny Sarries a LBP - improbable, but it's what we want
    Leicester to get anything from 0 to 4 points but not 5 - very possible

If one or both of those remaining results go against us we can worry about that on Monday. Right now that's what we should be cheering for. That will ensure the that the runners-up in pools 1 to 4 can only get a max of 19 points. If we're targeting (and get) 20 then we don't care what happens in Pool 6 as we'll get through in 8th place at worst.

molloyjh wrote: »
    The chances of us getting through on 19 are incredibly slim. We need 10 points from these 2 games end of really.

I think we're all better off focusing on what we want to have happen this weekend. If it doesn't then we've plenty of time to worry about it (and work out the various permutations from it) next week.

We need 3 results to go our way this week (plus our own obviously):
    Northampton to win with no TBP - check
    Racing to win and deny Sarries a LBP - improbable, but it's what we want
    Leicester to get anything from 0 to 4 points but not 5 - very possible

If one or both of those remaining results go against us we can worry about that on Monday. Right now that's what we should be cheering for. That will ensure the that the runners-up in pools 1 to 4 can only get a max of 19 points. If we're targeting (and get) 20 then we don't care what happens in Pool 6 as we'll get through in 8th place at worst.

Not too sure on that one tbh, I reckon that we're going to have to support the Ospreys through gritted teeth.

P_1 wrote: »
    Not too sure on that one tbh, I reckon that we're going to have to support the Ospreys through gritted teeth.

Leicester are on 14 and Toulouse on 13. Assuming Toulouse get the TBP win and Leicester just get the win that will put them both on 18. They then play each other in Welford Rd. As long as that's not a draw then one or the other will finish on 19. If either/both get less from this weekend the more's the better as one will inevitably take points off the other next week anyway.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Leicester are on 14 and Toulouse on 13. Assuming Toulouse get the TBP win and Leicester just get the win that will put them both on 18. They then play each other in Welford Rd. As long as that's not a draw then one or the other will finish on 19.

And the Ospreys are left stranded on a max of 15...

I like your thinking... ;)

Wouldn't it be better if Ospreys won regardless of bonus points? They'd then be on 13 / 14 (with unlikely BP win over Leicester) and have Treviso away next week (not even a 5 point banker) and Leicester would be on 15 (even with a LBP at Ospreys) and would play Toulouse at home in the final round, who would be on 18 assuming a BP win at home to Treviso.

So the most a runner up could get would be 19 in the group if Ospreys beat Leicester? Winning and losing bonus points irrelivant (if Leicester lost to Ospreys and then beat Toulouse, Toulouse could only get 19 with, even with a winning and Losing BP in their 2 games...and Ospreys can only get 19 max even if they get 2 BP wins..Leicester can get 20 points if lose to Ospreys with a losing bonus and then get a winning bonus over Toulouse, but would win the group and eliminate Toulouse from the race for runner up spots...)

Edit - just saw other logic.

It looks likely that either way, with Leicester playing Toulouse next weekend, these lads have already cancelled eachother out for a runner up spot, as every combination works out with the runner up getting less than 20 points...

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    And the Ospreys are left stranded on a max of 15...

I like your thinking... ;)

Exactly. Even with 2 TBP wins the Ospreys can only get a max of 19 anyway. As we need to be aiming for 20 we shouldn't be overly concerned with that right now.

As I said all may change come Monday, but this is the most straight forward way of looking at it as of right now.

Wouldn't it be better if Ospreys won regardless of bonus points? They'd then be on 13 / 14 (with unlikely BP win over Leicester) and have Treviso away next week (not even a 5 point banker) and Leicester would be on 15 (even with a LBP at Ospreys) and would play Toulouse at home in the final round, who would be on 18 assuming a BP win at home to Treviso.

So the most a runner up could get would be 19 in the group if Ospreys beat Leicester? Winning and losing bonus points irrelivant (if Leicester lost to Ospreys and then beat Toulouse, Toulouse could only get 19 with, even with a winning and Losing BP in their 2 games...and Ospreys can only get 19 max even if they get 2 BP wins..Leicester can get 20 points if lose to Ospreys with a losing bonus and then get a winning bonus over Toulouse, but would win the group and eliminate Toulouse from the race for runner up spots...)

There's loads of combinations and permutations. I'm talking the most straight forward ones, because I don't like the thought of thinking about it too much.... :o

Basically, no matter what way you look at it, we need 20 points, two bonus point wins, then it comes down to which runner up is better, Leinster or Racing / Saracens / Munster.

A curve ball, if Cardiff could get an away win in Toulon (:pac:) then it could come down to a three pool split for the two places, or if Toulon failed to get a LBP 20 points would definitely be enough no matter what... I think...

I'm going back to bed.

Basically, no matter what way you look at it, we need 20 points, two bonus point wins, then it comes down to which runner up is better, Leinster or Racing / Saracens / Munster.

A curve ball, if Cardiff could get an away win in Toulon (:pac:) then it could come down to a three pool split for the two places, or if Toulon failed to get a LBP 20 points would definitely be enough no matter what... I think...

I'm going back to bed.

We need 20 points. If those other 3 results go our way (and 1 already has) then we don't care one jot about Pool 6. Let's look at what we can get out of this weekend. If we don't get what we want let's worry about that on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Hi. I'm sitting in the North Stand. My ticket is marked NTH2. On the Ticketmaster website NTH2 is a separate section at the back. But is there a separate gate or entrance, or do I simply enter via the lower section? Thanks.

• Advertisement

ThirdMan wrote: »
    Hi. I'm sitting in the North Stand. My ticket is marked NTH2. On the Ticketmaster website NTH2 is a separate section at the back. But is there a separate gate or entrance, or do I simply enter via the lower section? Thanks.

Don't think it matters a jot, the North and South Stands in the RDS are all unreserved seating.

I think Ticketmaster have them set up as NTH/STH 1/2 just to keep their own system happy.

Yeah you can pretty much enter at any gate, they don't send you around (from my experience anyway), but for North stand you're supposed to enter from the gate on Anglesea Road, which is straight across the street from Spar / Insomnia / Cullens in Ballsbridge village and follow the crowds around that corner (white gates, usually with a lad selling scarves etc. planted there, just by the library if you know the area).

It looks likely that either way, with Leicester playing Toulouse next weekend, these lads have already cancelled eachother out for a runner up spot, as every combination works out with the runner up getting less than 20 points...

A draw with each team getting a TBP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Thanks guys.

16-9 to Leinster in the A game fyi. Try from a lovely bit of space hunting by Reid, to put macken in for the try. Looked like Coughlan from where I'm sitting, but announcer said Macken.

16-9 to Leinster in the A game fyi. Try from a lovely bit of space hunting by Reid, to put macken in for the try. Looked like Coughlan from where I'm sitting, but announcer said Macken.

Half time BTW

Ended up 21-9 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Ended up 21-9 btw

Nothing we can do now but wait see how tomorrow goes!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

One thing about today's match: Im delighted luuuuuuuuuuke is back :)

I was right at the back of the terrace as I was late getting in, so missed half of the match due to restricted view (can't wait until they knock that old barn down), but from what I saw, Luke was absolutely superb. Claimed some great balls and looked electric with ball in hand. Delighted to see him back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement