Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy fairground operator coming to Tralee 9/ 7 12

Options
  • 30-06-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Like most parents nowadays I like to get some value for my hard earned money, especialy when its a family treat, which brings me to my "Gripe" a few weeks ago when we were visiting friends in Youghal Co Cork, we decided to visit a "Monster truck show" that just happened to be in Youghal , no planning here we just saw some posters and decided to have a look,As the saying goes we paid our money and took our chances . It was a total farce with everything breaking down , absolutely disaster, so we tried to get a refund as did many others, but the "money taker" had long gone, quite a few people phoned in to the Neil Prenderville show on Corks 96 FM .seems the show operator is not visible anywhere on official records anywhere , how can that be? are they insured? /paying tax?are their vehicles taxed insured, a few of them were UK regisrered , are they imported?.Or is this the " Black economy " we often hear about? So many questions , their next venue is Tralee 9/7/12. and the posters are up .
    Am I on my own here with this "Gripe" ???

Should people like me just move on and forget this sham, 0 votes

forget about it
    0% 0 votes
    try my best to get some official body to check out this activity
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I think we may have had this muppet here before, he's a joke if it's the same guy, he's just a chancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TECHNICALTOM

I think we may have had this muppet here before, he's a joke if it's the same guy, he's just a chancer.

Apparently this guy uses different names all over the country ,it was hilarious when the host was calling him Noel and the other fellow wasn't coping on .
    Its absolutely classic stuff ,but of course on the flip side of it there is a lot of angry people out there,people really have been scammed big time .
    One thing is too go see a bad show ,the other is to be deliberately mislead by false advertising ,the under hand tactics they used were shocking
    This copy and paste is from another thread on Boards IE.
    A little researching says this " Noel " has a few names Cavanagh / Bradley are just two , He is Cork based ELM Farm Ballinghassig ( Barrets), and has a caravan in Limerick too,And he is up to his usual tricks , who says" you cant teach an old dog new tricks"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

i see from posts here that the 'show' was to be on yesterday ....

did anyone go?
    what was it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

these clowns were in Limerick recently too.. same story. complete joke

Advertisement