Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co. Wexford good food guide

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

VW 1 wrote: »
    Had dinner in Aldridge Lodge on Sunday, excellent service, produce and quality of cooking.

Pre-dinner drink each, 4 courses and a bottle of wine for 105 euro.

The quality on offer you wouldnt get close to that in Dublin. Have been there 5 or 6 times now and the quality is very consistent.

How many people?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Del.Monte wrote: »
    How many people?

I'm gonna hazard a guess at two. Well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

Yep, as above, 2 people.

4 courses were 40 per person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I assumed Aldridge Lodge were catering for bus tours at that price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Standard price for 4 course dinner is €40

http://www.aldridgelodge.com/index.cfm?area=page&action=pageselect&menuid=226

Looks very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

If in that area, another recommendation I'd make is for The hollow, just outside of ramsgrange.

Excellent selection of fresh fish is what mostly makes up the menu, with the options varying depending on what has been caught in. Looking at 15-20 for a main course there.

Can second Aldridge lodge. Very tasty food and at €40 a head the quality for price is easily justified I think. Far superior to the nearby Dunbroody which in my opinion, has gone downhill in the past few years. My last meal of "slow cooked venison" was actually raw, among a litany of other things including filthy cutlery, and a lady who denied the poor quality service and food and became quite rude, and I will be hard pressed to return.

I wouldnt give The Hollow my custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is The Wilds worth a spin?

TheTorment wrote: »
    I wouldnt give The Hollow my custom.

Why is that?

I just looked at their menu, did a 5 year old write it as the spelling is deplorable

http://www.thehollow.ie/menu.html

Just found out why no one should go to that place the hollow. I'll never set foot in it anyway.

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    If in that area, another recommendation I'd make is for The hollow, just outside of ramsgrange.

Excellent selection of fresh fish is what mostly makes up the menu, with the options varying depending on what has been caught in. Looking at 15-20 for a main course there.

Don't support this business please

vicwatson wrote: »
    Don't support this business please

Why, apart from the poor spelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Corvo

Ooh, do tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Plus one for the Aldridge Lodge, a great place for special occassions.

With regards to the Hollow Bar, another here who will not darken their door.....

For those who want an explanation as to why then just Google The Hollow Bar Ramsgrange Court

D.

Decoda wrote: »
    Plus one for the Aldridge Lodge, a great place for special occassions.

With regards to the Hollow Bar, another here who will not darken their door.....

For those who want an explanation as to why then just Google The Hollow Bar Ramsgrange Court

D.

Saw something about an abuse case in 2004... surely not the same owners today?

Edit - oh dear, just read a 2014 article. Nuff said

jpb1974 wrote: »

'Family' friendly establishment. :eek:

2014???

Original incident(s) occurred at some point in the early 2000s... then the person went away for a while... then in 2014 they were back working in the establishment in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Original incident(s) occurred at some point in the early 2000s... then the person went away for a while... then in 2014 they were back working in the establishment in question.

He must have a brass neck!

Anybody ever try Sha-Roe in clonegal? I know it's technically not in wexford but pretty close. I find the food locally sourced and excellently cooked. It's been a while since I've eaten there so I'm due a visit but it was good value for the quality of the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Corvo

Did not know that, wont be going there then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement