Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Heel and Fake Tan - What Are Ye Thinking

Options
  • 30-06-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Ok so we went to live at the marquee the other night to see Daragh which was great..Fab to see him live...:)

Anywho before he started I was waiting for a friend and I was dumbfounded watching girls attempting to walk in these fecking hugmongus high heels and wedges... I was in stitches when one nearly fell into a puddle because the wedges she was wearing were just plain silly..She couldnt even balance in them, clinging to her boyfriend for dear life..I am amazed he hadnt really talked to her to tell her that it would have been easier to carry her in or just told her to throw the shoes off.

So then we have break time, and while queing for the toilets looking around the place there seems to be an orange dirty glow to alot of girls.. While now I get fake tan, not a fan myself but I understand people like there tan..But jaysus not that much...What are they doing soaking overnight in stuff. One lady passed with ok but over the top tan, done up to the nines loverly looking now until it came to the head which just did not match at all, not that she was pretty but it was white pasty white hard not to laugh.. Women please stop caking this crap all over ye and if ye do insist in doing it then please match the face to the legs...

Id like to know what the men think of this, i know my manfriend wouldnt be too impressed if I came down the stairs looking like an umpa lumpa, or caked in make up...Natural beauty ladies embrace it

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Who cares what your man thinks? Do you dress for him? Women have always worn uncomfortable shoes for years. I agree with the fake tan but it is an individual's right to dress how they please. I certainly wouldn't be basing my image around what a man wants anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

I've never met any guy who wants this in their woman http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1zHFdxAR8X0/TQCcDeaoBrI/AAAAAAAAAGU/cbfDW21Xkis/s1600/orange3_fn.jpg and i'm not exaggerating, I live on the northside and approx half my neighbours look like this, I actually don't get it atall..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

eternal wrote: »
    Who cares what your man thinks? Do you dress for him? Women have always worn uncomfortable shoes for years. I agree with the fake tan but it is an individual's right to dress how they please. I certainly wouldn't be basing my image around what a man wants anyway.

Meow, jaysus were a bit touchy...:D I do dress how I like but I think also if my manfriend wasnt too too happy with what i was wearing I actually would not wear it to a certain degree now im not saying id let him rule or anything..But id say the same to him haha if he came down the stairs in heels and all san troped I be like mmm no you are not going out like that...

God that is a scary picture but it is so true women are cacked in make up today

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

I've never met any guy who wants this in their woman http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1zHFdxAR8X0/TQCcDeaoBrI/AAAAAAAAAGU/cbfDW21Xkis/s1600/orange3_fn.jpg and i'm not exaggerating, I live on the northside and approx half my neighbours look like this, I actually don't get it atall..

the girl in that picture is part of a japanese scene that happened a few years ago http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganguro just thought id say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

I presume you're talking about the younger crowd, least I hope you are.
    I think we can blame the popularity of certain shows for the basis of that look!

JerseyShore1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Oh ****! When did Duck Face become an STD?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I love tan. My boyfriend hates it though, he can smell it off me the second I see him, even if I only have a tiny bit on.

Nothing worse than too much of the stuff though. Or worse, when the tan is starting to come off and it makes the skin look scaly..Gross!

Advertisement