Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRUMA BOILER FROST/DRAIN VALVE PROBLEM

Options
  • 30-06-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

the drain valve wont reset on my truma c3400 in a hymer b845
    I have jammed it down with a screw for now
    anyone know if they can be fixed?
    or can i get a new one easily?
    see attached pics http://pix.ie/kelmar/album/445282
    would appreciate any advice, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

karmaan wrote: »
    the drain valve wont reset on my truma c3400 in a hymer b845
    I have jammed it down with a screw for now
    anyone know if they can be fixed?
    or can i get a new one easily?
    see attached pics http://pix.ie/kelmar/album/445282
    would appreciate any advice, thanks
    Yeah they can be troublesome , we replace them with the newer ones , they seem totally reliable .

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

ThAnks Aidan is it a truma part ,I should be able to source one online, havnt checked yet

karmaan wrote: »
    ThAnks Aidan is it a truma part ,I should be able to source one online, havnt checked yet
    It is indeed a Truma part , we'd usually have them in stock here if you want to ring Olivia about one,.

am i right in thinking if i leave it with the yellow button jammed down with a screw it will function ok ?
    i just wont have the safety auto dump function.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,384 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I don't know whether it's a help for you, or indicative of my switch starting to go, but to reset ours I had to unhook the leisure battery first. It just wouldn't stay down otherwise*.

*I was changing leisure battery so it automatically tripped it, and then when I first reset I tested it, and couldn't get it to stay down without unhooking the leisure battery again. Like I said not sure whether it should be that way or if it means we'll have to replace the switch sooner rather than later!

• Advertisement

it shouldn't reset with the battery disconnected , the solenoid in it needs 12v current to keep the valve closed .
    re jamming it down , personally I wouldn't as these aren't just a drain , they also act as a pressure relief valve for the boiler drum too .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,384 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Sorry, I just wasn't very clear. Once I had tested the release, I couldn't get it to reset. I had to unhook the battery, reconnect the battery, and then it would let me reset it.

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    it shouldn't reset with the battery disconnected , the solenoid in it needs 12v current to keep the valve closed .
    re jamming it down , personally I wouldn't as these aren't just a drain , they also act as a pressure relief valve for the boiler drum too .

Thanks Aidan I'll give Olivia a ring

Advertisement