Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is the 48 network worth a go?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Matt Bauer wrote: »
    The following MVNO all use o2's network: Tesco Mobile, Lyca Mobile and 48months. Which one will provide the best value for you depends on what you use your phone for. Here's a basic guide:

Tesco Mobile is best for international calls
    Lyca Mobile is best for landline calls, international calls and internet
    48months is best if you make a lot of calls to Irish mobiles, but do not make international calls or use the internet much

I would now put Lycamobile ahead of the pack. Got a free sim from them last week, activated it online, put €5 on my account, got €5 bonus, so had €10 in my account. Had a look at their bundle offers. Qualified for their €9 deal of 150 mins plus unlimited texts and unlimited data. Their current bundle offers are exceptionally good imho. Have a look here http://www.lycamobile.ie/special-offers/en. For €15 a month, you now have unlimited everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I would now put Lycamobile ahead of the pack. Got a free sim from them last week, activated it online, put €5 on my account, got €5 bonus, so had €10 in my account. Had a look at their bundle offers. Qualified for their €9 deal of 150 mins plus unlimited texts and unlimited data. Their current bundle offers are exceptionally good imho. Have a look here http://www.lycamobile.ie/special-offers/en. For €15 a month, you now have unlimited everything.

I see they have unlimited data bundles, is it possible to get a micro-sim from them and use it in an ipad?

kneemos wrote: »
    Bad reports of internet speeds in previous posts.

I read somewhere that Liffey Telecom have capped the data speeds of their MVNOs. So only O2 would give full speed data (and not very much of it from what I see).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Am I missing something, or are all those Lycamobile offers only applicable until the end of this month?

What happens after 30/11/2012?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Porting away from 48 is almost impossible. I have asked meteor to take my number back from 48 and 48 are blocking ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Is it true that if you port from someone to 48, and you're outside the age group they don't let you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I just ported today, and I'm 49 next birthday.

Wonder what'll happen then? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ballindud

I tried to get information about MMS & 3G or 4G coverage but got no replies. So decided to stay with TescoMOBILE for €30 / nth unlimited calls and txt plus 15GB data. 48 ought to be looked with more scrutiny before joining up. No support is evident or possible to get, so this is totally non acceptable & perhaps the Eason for the cheap offer. As they say you pay for what you get !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

ballindud wrote: »
    I tried to get information about MMS & 3G or 4G coverage but got no replies.

48, like Tesco Mobile, use 02's network.
    ballindud wrote: »
    48 ought to be looked with more scrutiny before joining up. No support is evident or possible to get, so this is totally non acceptable & perhaps the Eason for the cheap offer. As they say you pay for what you get !!

Rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Been with them for over two years now. No problems at all and their support is excellent. I pay for the 15 euro package which gives me some calls, texts and internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I'm trying to think how long I'm with them, it must be near 4 years this year. Wonder will they do anything when I turn 22!!..... Can't see them being too bothered.

Advertisement