Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i still cant get the taste of pink monkey fart out of my mouth... ill skip on this one so...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Never played a monster hunter game before but that looks awesome

Never played a monster hunter game before but that looks awesome

i got the psp version on my vita. I can see its appeal. its like DIABLO 3. If you enjoy some form of grinding ( and i do ) then its quite cool game, but the controls and difficulty curve can be just donkeys ARSE!
    i quited playing it after getting owned by some flying hippo. I wasted around 1 hour on it and i could not kill it as i got tired of running after it. i just could not force myself to go and fight with controls and that ****y monster anymore :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I might be able to pick them up somewhere cheap :D

There is sale on ps vita. You can pick up monster hunter freedom unite for 7eu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

i got the psp version on my vita. I can see its appeal. its like DIABLO 3. If you enjoy some form of grinding ( and i do ) then its quite cool game, but the controls and difficulty curve can be just donkeys ARSE!
    i quited playing it after getting owned by some flying hippo. I wasted around 1 hour on it and i could not kill it as i got tired of running after it. i just could not force myself to go and fight with controls and that ****y monster anymore :(
    +1

Managed to get most of the way through MH2 but the controls are a pain. Got MH3 for the Wii only for them to be the same and I gave up very early. Feels like you're trying to play through a bag of bubblewrap. Laggy and unresponsive, also button layout and scheme is very convoluted.

The RPG aspects and the sandbox world are fantastic though so hopefully they improve the other areas. The touchscreen would be a great help for the inventory as cycling through your goods in the heat of battle is a killer.

penev10 wrote: »
    +1

Managed to get most of the way through MH2 but the controls are a pain. Got MH3 for the Wii only for them to be the same and I gave up very early. Feels like you're trying to play through a bag of bubblewrap. Laggy and unresponsive, also button layout and scheme is very convoluted.

The RPG aspects and the sandbox world are fantastic though so hopefully they improve the other areas. The touchscreen would be a great help for the inventory as cycling through your goods in the heat of battle is a killer.

spot on. the biggest problem that i cant force myself to get back to it - controls.
    the game itself is great, i love collecting bits to make a piece of armor or a weapon. it takes time, but it is so much more special when you work for your gear!
    then you get droped in to reality with those stupid controls. It feels like you controling not a human, but some sort of tank, who has to finish the his comand and dont do anything else until it is finished. so many times i watch myself go to death, because my character was still doing animation/combo, while some huge monster was ripping him apart...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Does anyone else think the art style here is wholly misjudged? Some of the background stuff actually looks like it has no texture whatsoever, and is just a big old pile of vaguely mountainous grey and red ****. Definitely struggling to map epic landscapes on to the 3DS.

Anyway, I gave Monster Hunter 3 a few hours and its interface and control eccentricities mask what could be a wholly diverting hitting monsters with oversized weapons simulator. Not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Please let it be released on the vita or ps3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The only real problem is having to use 'the claw' to control the camera on PSP. Perhaps the second analogue stick with the frankenstick on the 3DS will alleviate it.
    tonydude wrote: »
    Please let it be released on the vita or ps3

I'm sure it will come out eventually. If there's one thing about Capcom it's that they are masters of circumventing exclusivity deals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement