Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Naas - recommendations?

Options
  • 30-06-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and my OH are moving to Naas shortly, so I was wondering if people could give any recommendations for restaurants, bars, take aways etc. Anything really. We're moving to a house on the Sallins road.

I couldnt see a thread for it, but then I'm a bit hungover so might have missed it.

Regards,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Any recommendations? Chinese and Indians?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Vie de chateau is a lovely French place. I don't eat Chinese but indie spice is a really nice Indian. There is a tapas place as well can't remember the name but dying to try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Swapna, behind Kavanagh's on Main St is a pretty decent Indian. Tenors is a great spot for good, cheap food. Trax Brasserie is very nice too, though a little bit more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Naas Inn is a decent chinese.
    Haydens is a lovely pub.
    Il Fico is a lovely italian restaurant.
    Ryans has the cheapest coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Also new, early impressions are:

Haydens, McCormicks(sp) and Kavanaghs are really nice bars. Second Il Fico. La Raclette is a unique restaurant with a nice laid back feel, Las Rada tapa's bar is really good.

Any recommendations for nightclubs / late bars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Also new, early impressions are:

Haydens, McCormicks(sp) and Kavanaghs are really nice bars. Second Il Fico. La Raclette is a unique restaurant with a nice laid back feel, Las Rada tapa's bar is really good.

Any recommendations for nightclubs / late bars?

the court is a really good night club for mid 20s to late 30s, time has gone downhill lately but is good for the 18 to 21 range.
    graces is a good disco bar for anyone really 18 to late 30s maybe older if your into modern chart hits and loud music.
    if you don't mind travelling mantra in maynooth is a really good spot disco bar downstairs with a mixture of old and new music and upstairs is a nightclub with a more dance feel to it

Thanks all. Some great info there, have places to try for months now. What's the best pizza place?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

budhabob wrote: »
    Thanks all. Some great info there, have places to try for months now. What's the best pizza place?

Il fico has the best pizzas in town, there is also a Dominos in Sallins

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Salmon's centra do really good pizzas to take away, most you'll pay is €8. A steal for the amount of toppings, nothing extra charged for more cheese, sausage or whatever.

foodaholic wrote: »
    Vie de chateau is a lovely French place.

http://viedechateaux.ie/

Looks really good, might give it a go tonight.

• Advertisement

http://viedechateaux.ie/

Looks really good, might give it a go tonight.

you wont be disappointed but I hope you have made a reservation

They can get very busy and its a small place

They have a nice bottle of Sancerre on the wine list and their steaks are superb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

There is a great place too just outside of Naas in two mile house - its called the brown bear. And on weekends they have a car that will drive you home !

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    you wont be disappointed but I hope you have made a reservation

They can get very busy and its a small place

They have a nice bottle of Sancerre on the wine list and their steaks are superb

Popped in to make a resveration, fully booked :( Looks really nice though, will definitely try again!

Johnstown Inn is a great spot

Nice pub food menu and good ambience in there

What would be regarded as the best Chinese in naas - eat in and take out. We have guests over at the weekend and we have been instructed by the 6 year old that we're going out to dinner in a Chinese. Hopefully she'll pay too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

For take out I love the Naas Inn. As for eating in, the place opposite the maxol garage on the naas road is meant to be lovely but I have never been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

rondeco wrote: »
    For take out I love the Naas Inn. As for eating in, the place opposite the maxol garage on the naas road is meant to be lovely but I have never been there.

Fate? I haven't been, but I've heard great things about it.

I wouldn't be a fan of Fate. Swapna would be my number 1, but it's a bit more than a chinese

rondeco wrote: »
    New to the area so bare with me....where exactly is the naas road...is that not the n7?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

I think its called the Dublin road, its out of the town with Ryans on your left and aMaxol on the right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jaych1000

The Dublin Road goes from the centre of Naas to the N7 (where the big ball is with the map design on it): https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Poplar+Square%2FR445&daddr=R448&hl=en&sll=53.232833,-6.627202&sspn=0.013178,0.042272&geocode=FVQQLAMdDVma_w%3BFS9GLAMdh7qa_w&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=15&t=m&z=15

Weeping THAIger restaurant in Naas do a nice Pad Thai noodle dish and chicken Satay skewers. http://www.weepingthaiger.ie/naas.htm

Got a takeaway from Indie Spice last night, fantastic! Thanks for the recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

Good to hear its nice. The reviews on tripadviser are very varied on the place. We'll probably check it out some weekend alright.

budhabob wrote: »
    Good to hear its nice. The reviews on tripadviser are very varied on the place. We'll probably check it out some weekend alright.

I really like that place. Food is good, nice laid back atmosphere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

the chinese in johnstown is really nice, food tastes fresh and not full of msg, bit more expenisve tho, naas inn is good for takeaway and they own jimmys fish and cips on the main street too , theyre chips are lovely.

the dewdrop in kill is really nice too, good staff and nice food.

the centra on the monread road do good pizza in the deli and lovely hot roast beef rolls at lunchtime, always a q there.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Have to say its a great place for lunch. Surprisingly not too many places (say on a Saturday) are open for lunch. You get a 2 course for €8. The portion size is slightly smaller but I like that for lunch..and the waist!!:D

W.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 getSorted.ie

Hi,

In case you find some free time in between trying out all the restaurants you could also try out Naas Badminton Club that starts back up again next Monday evening ( 3rd Sept) at the NAAS GAA club on the sallins road.

I know they are looking for new members and there is a nice bunch playing there on Mondays and Thursdays 8.00 on the monday and 9.00 on the Thurs..

Might helpto work off some of those calories or work up aan appetite for a few more..

Can vouch for the badminton club there too, i was a year and a half with them. Took up pilates then and had to give it up coz they clashed.

• Advertisement

Will check out the badminton club if I get a chance. Always enjoyed it.

Tried indie spice last night, was very disappointed with it.

Advertisement