Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can hd cause incontinence?

• 30-06-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

My 18mnth girl has hip dysplasia and was on monthly cartrophen injections and 3 mnths ago the vet decided to try her on 3mnthly injections to see how she went. She's due her injection on wednesday and the last few days i've noticed her gait is off more than normal and today she's hardly able to contain herself. She's always had problems had before anyone says anything yes she's housetrained and its normally only around the time her injection is due.

I was wondering if the hd can cause incontinence or if its likely to be the cartrophen injection itself?

Any suggestions on how we can help her?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

piperh wrote: »
    My 18mnth girl has hip dysplasia and was on monthly cartrophen injections and 3 mnths ago the vet decided to try her on 3mnthly injections to see how she went. She's due her injection on wednesday and the last few days i've noticed her gait is off more than normal and today she's hardly able to contain herself. She's always had problems had before anyone says anything yes she's housetrained and its normally only around the time her injection is due.

I was wondering if the hd can cause incontinence or if its likely to be the cartrophen injection itself?

Any suggestions on how we can help her?

I don't know anything about those injections or if they linked to incontinence. One of my dogs are incontinent. Is your dog leaking when they sit down? Or is your dog peeing in house? My vet said if it is leaking it is incontinence, peeing in house could be a UTI. In relation to incontinence there is a brilliant drug called propalin which literally worked within minutes. There can be some side effects but thankfully my dog has not experienced any.

Advertisement