Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance question - not eligible for health

Options
  • 01-07-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has anyone else had an issue with trying to insure themselves after being away for a year or two?

I'm living in NZ for the past year but have been away for two years now. Will be staying here for another 12 months anyway.

My travel insurance company won't insure me again as I am still away and I'm not entitled to health insurance here as I have only a 1 year work permit at the moment. (Need to have 2)

I'm not travelling any more really bar one or two trips a year. So I'm just looking for cover for

- baggage docs on a trip back to Ire
    - cover if I need to fly home in case of family death
    - or in the case of some emergency where I need to be flown home

Any advice appreciated - seems to be a bit of a grey area when you're away living somewhere but not a resident. And a lot of the companies won't insure you if you're already away.

Advertisement