Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

primary teaching to dietetics

Options
  • 01-07-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I'm have just finished a degree in primary teaching. I want to become a dietitian. I don't have leaving cert Chemistry. I have 2 a's, 2b's, 2c's. I have 485 points. I am willing to repeat my leaving cert to get in. I think DIT is beyond me. Some UK colleges seem feasible. Is there any postgrad in the UK that would spare me this ordeal ? or indeed some course that would help me seal my place ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭51533823

I'm have just finished a degree in primary teaching. I want to become a dietitian. I don't have leaving cert Chemistry. I have 2 a's, 2b's, 2c's. I have 485 points. I am willing to repeat my leaving cert to get in. I think DIT is beyond me. Some UK colleges seem feasible. Is there any postgrad in the UK that would spare me this ordeal ? or indeed some course that would help me seal my place ?

Try here (just one example): http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/Dietetics.cfm

Congrats on getting your degree!

If you are the independent sort, the UK is a great place to be a student. If you're a home bird, then repeat the leaving. Only you will know what's best for you.

Google "ucas dietetics" for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 crazyjav101

I need to go back to repeat to get the b1 in biology and b1 in chemistry for hertfordshire. i have a b2 in biology lol

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭51533823

I need to go back to repeat to get the b1 in biology and b1 in chemistry for hertfordshire. i have a b2 in biology lol

Did you contact them? With the UK, I wouldn't rule anything out simply from looking at the website. Although applications go through UCAS, UK Universities are much more open to discussion regarding applications than their Irish counterparts.

I would get in touch with the head of that specific course, shoot them an email outlining your case, your desire to do the course and state that you are willing to travel over to meet with them if necessary.

If they are open to a discussion, then at least your name will be familiar when the application lands on their desk!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mona Olsen

Are you over 23? Can you apply as a mature student to DIT? If so, it's worth doing the LC Chemistry to get the min requirements. I did it myself and got an A1.

Advertisement