Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motorhome insurance

Options
  • 01-07-2012 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi. We have a friend who wants to borrow our motorhome for a week. Any idea on how they can obtain insurance to drive it for that week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

I think you need to change your policy to open driving at an extra cost.
    I'm with Stewarts and its about 80e extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

The open drive insurance should work ok for you .
    But be very careful , in the event of an accident it will be the policy holder / vehicle owner that will be liable and this could effect any future insurance premiums , not only on your campervan but also your private car insurance.

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭WildWater

Dolmin allow the policy holder and two named drivers. Adding your friend as an additional named driver would be cheaper than full open drive. Basically, you will just have to pay an administration charge and nothing extra at renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 charliebunny

thanks for the feedback will call dolmen and stuart ins tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

thanks for the feedback will call dolmen and stuart ins tomorrow

Was in the same position as you.
    Added a driver for 25 euro admin charge(mid policy)... You'll need their licence photocopied and details of any penalty points they have.
    Marty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 charliebunny

Hi quick update. called Dolmen today and they said you can add a driver to an insurance policy. Just need to fill out a new driver form and send it back with a copy of both sides of there drivers license and also enclose a fee of 35 euro.
    Did mean to question them about effects of no claims if the worst happened but it slipped my mind so will try to pry a little more from them when i receive the new drivers form.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Pjwal

i was a bit mean in this department, and used been unable to get insurance for an extra person as an excuse not to have to give my motorhome to my brother,but there are good reasons for that.

Advertisement