Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sheep manure

Options
  • 01-07-2012 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

i'm from canada were vegetable gardening is very popular. I have recently started a vegetable garden in Ireland, and my family back home are telling me to get sheep manure, processed and meant for gardening (a very common find in canada) and the veg will take off running. However, this does not seem like a common thing here at all. At the garden centres, all I see is 'compost'. Would anyone know either where I could get some or why it isn't readily available? In a land with so many sheep, and people quite fussed about their gardens, i'm kind of surprised.
    Thanks.
    Tanya

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

We keep our sheep manure for the fields that the sheep graze.
    Get some FYM (Farm Yard Manure) It can be got in bags in garden centers fully composted or you could get a friendly farmer to give you some free of charge and let it rot in your garden, no on second thoughts don't, it's smelly stuff, best go and get it well rotted and dig it straight in.
    Unless it's for spuds, hot dung is what you want for spuds.
    FYM best stuff for a garden.

Advertisement