Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Protection Insurance (MPI) - postal address used

Options
  • 01-07-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

When buying a new house, I need the MPI documents to be sent to my address and not the address of the house I'm buying.
    If my existing/old address is the address I use when applying, does the insurance company end up applying the MPI to my old house which I don't want? or is MPI assigned to the individual and not the house?
    Will it cause hassle at the bank if I go in with my old address on the MPI (I need to show proof of insurance before I draw down)?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

WLSM wrote: »
    When buying a new house, I need the MPI documents to be sent to my address and not the address of the house I'm buying.
    If my existing/old address is the address I use when applying, does the insurance company end up applying the MPI to my old house which I don't want? or is MPI assigned to the individual and not the house?
    Will it cause hassle at the bank if I go in with my old address on the MPI (I need to show proof of insurance before I draw down)?

The cover is on your life, not the property.

Most insurers will ask current address, and new address if you are moving into a new property. You can also ask for all correspondence to issue to any address you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭WLSM

Thanks

Advertisement