Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biomedical Science

Options
  • 29-06-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has anyone any info on biomed in dit. Thinking of changing it on the cao. are the hours long and is it quite tought in 2nd year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ChuckyWalshe

Hi everyone :) I'd just like to ask if CAO points is the only way to avail of this course. By the way, can you do BSc Bioscience in DIT and then transfer to Biomed after it? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Hi everyone :) I'd just like to ask if CAO points is the only way to avail of this course. By the way, can you do BSc Bioscience in DIT and then transfer to Biomed after it? Thanks :)

You would have to transfer in to the second year of the course as that's the year of all the disciplines... And it is extremely tough to do... You can apply to the first year from the bioscience course too...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ChuckyWalshe

VickBack wrote: »
    You would have to transfer in to the second year of the course as that's the year of all the disciplines... And it is extremely tough to do... You can apply to the first year from the bioscience course too...

Brilliant! Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭paul4green

It's a biology degree with specific emphasis on human medicine and diseases.

The hours are long ( 30 a week in 1st year) and yes 2nd year is supposed to be the hardest year of the course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ladysadie

Hey

I did the degree and im working in Biomedical Science now.
    It is hard, but third level is. Second year was pretty tough, but in the end its worth it.
    Paul is correct about the focus, its basically human pathology, but this encompasses more than it sounds it does.
    There is a good focus on current molecular techniques, and up and coming technologies.
    A great plus is that you actually have a career at the end of the four years,
    or if you decide you'd rather go into research its a great a very relative degree to medical research.
    Best of luck to you!

and

Make the most of the next four years!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 hill11

thanks for your replies. Have put this as my number 1 so hopefully it will work out well.
    Looking forward to the hard slog!!!

Advertisement