Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs Team Talk and Gossip 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Looks like Ade is getting closer to signing which is great news. Sig, Ade and Vertoghen is a great start to the window.

Also seemigly a bid for Oscar has gone in. Exciting talent but more of an AM than a CM. Perhaps they want to try and mould him into a CM and use as a Modric replacement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I wore two pairs of socks to day and Graham Roberts has yet to blow my socks off!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I wore two pairs of socks to day and Graham Roberts has yet to blow my socks off!

He's full of sh1t but I think you knew that anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Heard anything about Huddlestone to Sunderland? I'm bored these days so posting about forum rumours that probably aren't true (:pac:) but someone on our forum reckons there's a good chance this will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Jesus I hope not anyways, I haven't heard a thing about it and can't imagine why we would sell him unless Sunderland were giving us a good deal. His contract doesn't run out until 2015 iirc. He's been good for us of recent, and of recent I mean the 10/11 season as he was injured all of last season. If Modric goes he'll be our last midf capable of making those long 20/30 yard passes consistently. He can also fill in at CB, and he has a thumping strike. He's not a player I'd like to see go anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea I second what THFC said. I love Tom and would be very sad to see him go.

Having him back this season is like having a new signing. Hopefully he can kick on and continuing improving as he did in the season before last. Think he could fit AVB's system quite well too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.host56.com/club-announcement-13072012.page.html

I swallowed this story whole, and I was thinking what a brilliant piece of business. The lengths people go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wow, I wasn't expecting that but that's a great deal for the club. €35m plus a quality midfielder - great work. Shame to lose Modric but he has done his time for Spurs and wanted to move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It's a fake site!! Nothing on the official one, so someone went to grea lengths to make this look convincing.

Check out loads of pictures of the new training facility looks amazing there are duplicate pitches of our top 6/7 rivals because they all have there own different weave of artificial/real grass.

amazing!

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=33222&start=1

Check out loads of pictures of the new training facility looks amazing there are duplicate pitches of our top 6/7 rivals because they all have there own different weave of artificial/real grass.

amazing!

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=33222&start=1

Was just about to post that! Looks amazing!

AyUminICMAEvEyr.jpg

Awesome friggin seats Lap of luxury.

• Advertisement

Benoit at it again on twitter
    With a nap,the day is not enought long...i make a dream!As we signe a BIG STRIKER. Very good! who score many goal!!!but it was. A dream LOL

He's brilliant like when he was on holidays in Africa and signed on to ask if we had a new manager yet haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

he loves his LOL's

Last year we lost the last two games of the season against two great clubs this year we can't afford to start slowly as the fixtures after Newcastle are good.

Sign Ade please Levy! Soon!

Also as the teams stand at the moment it looks like Arsenal have streghtened considerably and moved further ahead of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Also as the teams stand at the moment it looks like Arsenal have streghtened considerably and moved further ahead of us.

IMO the loss of RVP cancels out the strenghtening they did up front.Cazorla is a very good player though.I don't think there is much in it between yourselves and Arsenal.
    Spurs look very short upfront,any word on ye getting in a striker?

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    IMO the loss of RVP cancels out the strenghtening they did up front.Cazorla is a very good player though.I don't think there is much in it between yourselves and Arsenal.
    Spurs look very short upfront,any word on ye getting in a striker?
    I don't think so he'll obviously be a big loss but they have brought in some players and I really think that they will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Spurs in for Ade; just confirmed by the club
    Tottenham Hotspur
    @SpursOfficial We are delighted to announce that we have completed the transfer of Emmanuel Adebayor from Manchester City. More to come soon!

On their FB page!

Great news signing Adebayor should move the team up a couple of places in the table.

Friedal
    Walker--Kaboul--Vertoghen-- Benny

Sandro---Livermore

Lennon
    Sigurdsson
    Bale

Ade

Bench
    Caulker, Gallas,VDV,Defoe,Gio,THudd

Also supposed to be in talks for Damiao and Pjanic which would ake a massive difference if we could sign them.

IN
    Jan 10m
    Sig 8m
    Ade 5m

OUT
    Pienaar 4.5m
    Bassong 5m
    Kranjcar 5.5m
    Corluka 5.5m
    Dawson 9m

Profit 7.5m

So what has to be sorted is supposedly two more. but hopefully Modric fee will cover both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Will Emmanuel Adebayor start on Sat lads??? Or will AVB stick with Defoe?

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    I think he'll start most think he'll be on the bench though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Dubliner28 wrote: »

May not be match fit. Who knows how much training he has done. Prob didn't have any of a pre-season really.

My guess is he will come off the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

not a Spurs fan..

but would I be right in saying that they wont get near the Champions League this year?

they seem to be losing more players than ther signing..

my opinion would be that they are on a par with Newcastle and Liverpool.

they wont finish above Chelsea, City, Arsenal or United surely?

not a Spurs fan..

but would I be right in saying that they wont get near the Champions League this year?

I would wait to see how they are fixed when the window closes.IMO the only player they have lost who they are gonna miss is Modric.One or two more signing and I think they are well capable of getting 4.

I actually think we could do quite well this year depending on who replaces modric. I have been impressed with AVB so far so a wait and see really.

• Advertisement

I actually think we could do quite well this year depending on who replaces modric. I have been impressed with AVB so far so a wait and see really.

Who do you think will be bought before the deadline.Another attacking player and a defender is probably needed.

yabadabado wrote: »

Who do you think will be bought before the deadline.Another attacking player and a defender is probably needed.
    I'd say we are only short on a creative midfielder and maybe a striker as IMO Kane is really a number 10.

We have a lot of high energy midfielders (sandro/parker and livermore) and several attacking midfielders we just need a bit more creativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

not a Spurs fan..

We are well ahead of Liverpool, and have greater depth than Newcastle. I can't see us finishing ahead of City, United or Chelsea so it'll come down to how Arsenal go without RVP. Provided we do some more business before the window closes I think we are in with a decent shout of 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

So how are people feeling now about the team and AVB any predictions on where we will end up in May?

We haven't had a fantastic 90 minutes yet and dropped four points against West Brom and Norwich we really shouldn't have but the team look like they are finally gelling and coming together really well and we are nine games unbeaten in all competitions.

So how are people feeling now about the team and AVB any predictions on where we will end up in May?

We haven't had a fantastic 90 minutes yet and dropped four points against West Brom and Norwich we really shouldn't have but the team look like they are finally gelling and coming together really well and we are nine games unbeaten in all competitions.

Dempsey looks lost... Square peg in a round hole... Typical panic buy. Sig hasn't looked good enough either... Doesn't seem to have the quick feet required for the AMC role... Gets caught in possession.

Really missing Modric and VDV imo... We would be playing better football and we would have beat WBA and Norwich. Really missing Moutinhio... Hope we secure him in January. Need backup for Bale and Lennon, need another striker and hopefully Dembele can move into the AMC role if we get Moutinhio. Think if we had done better business over the summer we would be challenging for the title this season. AVB has been great so far so put us in the position we are in with the weaknesses in our team.

Playboy wrote: »
    Dempsey looks lost... Square peg in a round hole... Typical panic buy. Sig hasn't looked good enough either... Doesn't seem to have the quick feet required for the AMC role... Gets caught in possession.

Really missing Modric and VDV imo... We would be playing better football and we would have beat WBA and Norwich. Really missing Moutinhio... Hope we secure him in January. Need backup for Bale and Lennon, need another striker and hopefully Dembele can move into the AMC role if we get Moutinhio. Think if we had done better business over the summer we would be challenging for the title this season. AVB has been great so far so put us in the position we are in with the weaknesses in our team.
    I think Dempsey has been excellent so far he's had to hold the ball up a lot when we can't reach Defoe which could change with Ade coming back to fitness.

I also thought Sigurdsson looked great in pre-season and I think he's going to be great for us but needs time and is going to be so important as the season progresses and we use our squad.

Very little rotation thus far actually.

Good article on Bale's diving which is becoming a bigger part of his game.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/tottenham/id/100?cc=5739

Extract
    ESPN FC BLOGS

Oct 1011:35PM BST Gareth Bale is a diver and Spurs fans are ashamed of him

Posted by Dan Fitch
    garethbalebradguzan20121007_576x324.jpgPA PhotosGareth Bale did not cover himself in glory against Aston Villa
    The most frequent question I've been asked this week by gleeful looking non-Spurs fans is just how embarrassed I was by Gareth Bale's dive against Aston Villa.

Cheek-scorchingly ashamed is how I would describe it. Not that I or any other Spurs fan has any control over what the players do on the pitch, but over the years their antics and my ego have become inexplicably entwined.

I guess the reason that Bale's dive pained me so is that I identify Tottenham as the good guys. This is a flawed logic when so many people hate us with every fibre of their soul, but then even the Nazis believed that God was on their side.

Yet when it comes to the subject of diving, I've always thought that we've had some cause to consider ourselves whiter than Lilywhite. Chelsea had Didier Drogba falling over whenever anyone breathed on him and Arsenal had Robert Pires collapsing in the penalty area with a roguish Gallic flair, but Tottenham never had a diving expert who could guarantee a 10.0 from the judges.

I remember when Didier Zokora marked an early appearance for Spurs with a blatant dive to win a penalty. From the reaction of the crowd around me you would have thought that he'd slaughtered a puppy on the pitch. There was just no appetite for his cheating, even though it did profit the team.

The article is double in length but I am aware we can't repost full articles enjoy!

Good progress made in recent weeks and thankfully work has slowed down to a manageable level since January as well so I can keep up again.

Bale is getting all the plaudits but the team ave been playing well and not finishing chances for ages now that Ade is back and he starting to look hungry hopefully he can step up and start scoring again.

Still a battle for third and fourth so hopefully we can win the next few games against West Ham, Swansea and Liverpool which would set us up nicely for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement

670 - It is 670 days since Tottenham were awarded a penalty in a Premier League home game (April 20 2011 v Arsenal). Wait.

We really do never get penalties it's been almost a year since the last penalty we got at all.

Caulker has been brilliant whenever he has palyed this season great on set pieces too.

I really like his ability to carry the ball forward yet be a battling center back.

Tom Carroll as well is looking great for such a young kid he could have a massive future ahead of him dictating play very tidy player but he's also very happy to tackle.

Also shamelessly stolen from the spurs forum.
    Serious discontent in the spurs dressing room with AVB as can be seen below.

tumblr_misra4ZOLa1qe0saso4_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Also shamelessly stolen from the spurs forum.
    Serious discontent in the spurs dressing room with AVB as can be seen below.

The manager has asked the players to look across and recognise him and his staff on the bench after a goal.
    "He believes that by celebrating together it shows we are all in it together. That's the players, the manager, the subs, the staff, the medical people – everyone working and celebrating together."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/10/andre-villas-boas-chelsea-celebrations

Looks like orders are in place at Spurs ;)

It's also worth noting that despite our bad start to the season we have are now just two points behind where we were last season.

A few highlights from recent U-21 wins.

Spurs U-21 v Manchester United U-21

Spurs U-21s v Arsenal U-21s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Does anyone know how I'd get a ticket for Sunday's game?

3 valuable points and the spurs go marching on

Very difficult games coming up in the next few weeks which will determine our Season. 6 Pts in local derbies is a great start though. Inter Milan and Liverpool are going to be two tough tests. Not really sure of what to expect from Inter, they arent having a great season but have some great players. I'll be there on Thursday night cheering the boys on!

I think we will do well against Liverpool. We seem to do well away from home and I think their possession based style will suit our counter-attacking style. We need to make sure Suarez is contained and forced deep. Coutinhio looks a dangerous player too. Really hope Dembele is fit as we dont have anyone decent to replace him with. I'm far from happy with our midfield at the moment. Parker looks lost in AVB's system.. too slow and ponderous in possession, runs in circles and gives the ball away easily. He needs to play alongside a modric type who he can release the ball to early and allow them to move the play forward. Sandro and Dembele are a powerful pair when fit but we dont look composed in possession. I'd like Moutinhio and Sandro as a midfield two behind one of Dembele, Sigurdson and Holtby. Think Bale should still start on the left but be allowed to roam... maybe have him and the AM interchanging to make sure we have cover on the left flank.

Bale in talks to extend his contract until 2018. Fourth consecutive year if he does sign.

Bale in talks to extend his contract until 2018. Fourth consecutive year if he does sign.

Good Source?

• Advertisement
Advertisement