Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs Team Talk and Gossip 2013/14

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Playboy wrote: »
    Good Source?
    No not really :eek:

Wouldn't be surprised though.........:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Inter 2mrw? Just had a look at their away record in the league and it's pretty poor. If bale plays well you'd fancy Spurs to go over to the San Siro with a lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

As a United fan i really hope Bale stays with ye for at least another season. I love watching them play and always hoping them to do well. Nice to see a team progressing without a sugar daddy and hopefully they can keep improving. When AVB leaves hopefully he can take over United and bring Bale with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Shane St. wrote: »
    Inter 2mrw? Just had a look at their away record in the league and it's pretty poor. If bale plays well you'd fancy Spurs to go over to the San Siro with a lead
    Inter are supposed to have a good few injuries six youngsters called up to the squad if so I'd hope we could take a decent lead to Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Time to bring the Spurs superthread kicking and screaming into the 2013/14 season.

Willian eh, where will he end up?

Thursday night ITV4 seemed to suit Spurs this evening. Good win. Soldado seems to be settling in ok.

Should have a good crack off 3rd/4th this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

As I said in the SSF, can understand him wanting to go to Chelsea, but he'd be an idiot if he did.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Had often wondered why people who were discussing Spurs on the main soccer forum didn't use this thread even if they werent Spurs fans themselves.

So Bale is 99.9% gone, Levy has truely played a blinder getting such a massive fee imo and Spurs now have a team and squad with quality in all areas of the team. Previously one injury to Bale and they could have been screwed but not now and especially if they also add Willian (the links to Chelsea make no sense to me, they have so much AM quality already, with Hazard, Mata, Oscar,Schurrle, KDB & Moses) and Lamela.

Could take a while for all these players to blend together into a cohesive unit though so I wouldnt expect them to be firing on all cylinders straight off the bat

Had often wondered why people who were discussing Spurs on the main soccer forum didn't use this thread even if they werent Spurs fans themselves.

I think the discussion of a team is generally driven by a clubs own fans (maybe 80%+ of a superthread) and others then pitch in with comments. Without the 80% I think the 20% quickly dries up. I would sometimes comment on liverpool/Arsenal/Barca/La Liga superthreads in reaction to what fans are posting. Without that core you slip down to page 14 I guess over a few days. If Spurs fans don't want to drive discussion of their own team in a general setting I guess why would others :)

I generally like to see teams that aren't sugar daddy funded do well so hopefully Spurs can pass out Chelsea or City this season. It helps as well that I like the manager. Maybe its easy to forget now but there were a lot of grumblings amongst Spurs fans at the beginning of last season about whether he was the right man for the job or not. "The AVB Thread" thread on the Spurs Supporters Club forum wasn't always called that. :p

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I think the discussion of a team is generally driven by a clubs own fans (maybe 80%+ of a superthread) and others then pitch in with comments. Without the 80% I think the 20% quickly dries up. I would sometimes comment on liverpool/Arsenal/Barca/La Liga superthreads in reaction to what fans are posting. Without that core you slip down to page 14 I guess over a few days. If Spurs fans don't want to drive discussion of their own team in a general setting I guess why would others :)

I generally like to see teams that aren't sugar daddy funded do well so hopefully Spurs can pass out Chelsea or City this season. It helps as well that I like the manager. Maybe its easy to forget now but there were a lot of grumblings amongst Spurs fans at the beginning of last season about whether he was the right man for the job or not. "The AVB Thread" thread on the Spurs Supporters Club forum wasn't always called that. :p

No there wasn't. There one poster in particular if you actually care to read it. Some were waiting a few weeks (at least) before judging, but most were happy with the appointment and confident he would be a success. There was only 1 Spurs fan on there that was unhappy with his appointment, the other negative comment was from a fan of another club.

THFC wrote: »
    No there wasn't. There one poster in particular if you actually care to read it. Some were waiting a few weeks (at least) before judging, but most were happy with the appointment and confident he would be a success. There was only 1 Spurs fan on there that was unhappy with his appointment, the other negative comment was from a fan of another club.

Ok, no there wasn't. He was universally lauded and given space.

http://metro.co.uk/2012/09/01/andre-villas-boas-calls-for-patience-from-frustrated-tottenham-boo-boys-561961/
    The home fans were not impressed, booing Spurs off the pitch. Villas-Boas claims he understands their frustration but insists he is doing everything he can to put things right.

He said: ‘You have to accept their disappointment. It has not been the ideal start to the season, but it doesn’t mean that we haven’t been working hard to get the wins that our fans want.

‘They have to understand that we are doing everything in our power to get that win. Obviously this is not the start we wanted and the start we deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

So we DOOO have our own thread on the SF. Who knew! Not me!:D

Using a link to the metro to back up your argument, did the Daily Mail not have a paper that day?

If you remember that match, which you clearly don't, you'd remember that the booing was minimal, and represented only a small fraction of our fans, evidenced of the thread you are now rapidly backing away from.

Most fans were able to acknowledge the effect the Modric transfer was having on our team, not only to mention the fact it was his third PL game. But, sure don't let that get in the way your argument. Provide another shítty link to back it up why don't you, or people can just read the thread that is there for all to see. A grand total of one person in the Spurs Supporters Club wanted him gone, are you going to address that? Probably not, but I think most people can't acknowledge the baseless foundation of your argument.

Using a link to the metro to back up your argument, did the Daily Mail not have a paper that day?

If you remember that match, which you clearly don't, you'd remember that the booing was minimal, and represented only a small fraction of our fans, evidenced of the thread you are now rapidly backing away from.

Most fans were able to acknowledge the effect the Modric transfer was having on our team, not only to mention the fact it was his third PL game. But, sure don't let that get in the way your argument. Provide another shítty link to back it up why don't you, or people can just read the thread that is there for all to see. A grand total of one person in the Spurs Supporters Club wanted him gone, are you going to address that? Probably not, but I think most people can't acknowledge the baseless foundation of your argument.

Metro, Mail, BBC whatever, I just grabbed one, thats how it was generally reported. If you are booing 3 games into a reign you have some doubts. Obviously it wasn't 10k people but more than a few. The spurs forum was a throwaway remark (see the smilie, its there for a reason. the humour for me was in the renaming from "is AVB clueless" or something like that to "the avb thread") but good to see someone talk about spurs here anyway even if it is reactive rather than proactive :)

If its only reactive posting then I guess this thread will fade away again. If I am wrong/talking b0llocks so be it! Best of luck for the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19377918
    Boos echoed around White Hart Lane at the final whistle, with Andre Villas-Boas still without a competitive win as Tottenham manager.

Metro, Mail, BBC whatever, I just grabbed one, thats how it was generally reported. If you are booing 3 games into a reign you have some doubts. Obviously it wasn't 10k people but more than a few. The spurs forum was a throwaway remark (see the smilie, its there for a reason. the humour for me was in the renaming from "is AVB clueless" or something like that to "the avb thread") but good to see someone talk about spurs here anyway even if it is reactive rather than proactive :)

If its only reactive posting then I guess this thread will fade away again. If I am wrong/talking b0llocks so be it! Best of luck for the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19377918
    You can try to justify what you said but you're wrong and you've just realised it.

We've now gone to "AVB was booed off the pitch" to the more accurate and far less significant "boos echoed around WHL". And that thread was started by the one person that wanted him gone, hence the title. That poster has also done significant back-tracking and even admitted his views were extremely premature.

You're view however, was just plain wrong, but thanks for the wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Willian to Chelsea about to be announced possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Have Chelsea started selling Willian shirts yet?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Spurs fans having their own forum is the reason why this occurs which is a shame. Though if it means Berba/Here Precious or whatever he's called these days remains posting there only, perhaps that's a good thing in turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

mike65 wrote: »
    Willian to Chelsea about to be announced possibly.

Mourinho stopped short of saying he was a Chelsea player.

TBH I dont think we really need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Of course you don't!! I don't think it was about Chelsea needing him, you have an abundance of players who can do what he does. Although spending £30 million to prevent another club buying him seems maybe a tad excessive, I wouldn't be surprised with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

SuprSi wrote: »
    Of course you don't!! I don't think it was about Chelsea needing him, you have an abundance of players who can do what he does. Although spending £30 million to prevent another club buying him seems maybe a tad excessive, I wouldn't be surprised with it.

SWP, Parker all spring to mind.

Although it will probably mean at least 1 or maybe 2 players will leave, smart money seems to be Moses and Ba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Marin is another. It really is a case of replacing quality with extra quality - an enviable position to be in.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Berba, stop PM'ing me and calling me a clown. It hurts my feelings. Ta.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Nuri, keep it off the forum, please

I heard loud boos and saw angry faces at home to Wigan last season when he took Defoe off and put on Adebayor.

Bump!

So Tim Sherwood in then as the new Spurs head coach until the end of next season. Bit of a gamble to risk the season on a relative nobody (in managerial terms).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It could be the biggest bad signing since Juande Ramos, no wait Jacques Santini, no wait Christian Grosse, no wait Osvaldo Ardiles! :p they really do pick 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gerry Francis

mike65 wrote: »
    It could be the biggest bad signing since Juande Ramos, no wait Jacques Santini, no wait Christian Grosse, no wait Osvaldo Ardiles! :p they really do pick 'em.

:D

article-1033518-01E3B09400000578-79_468x286.jpg

Advertisement