Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of Identification for the Age Card....

Options
  • 01-07-2012 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭

So I'm gonna be going in to the guards with the ol Age Card form there later on and I know it says you need two forms of ID. Have the birth cert but I'm a little stuck for another. Don't have a passport or drivers license of any sort unfortunately. I do have a work ID though which has my name and picture but not date of birth...you think that'd do them? And eventhough the work id looks fairly tacky (picture is half f*cked up) it is legit like and it has strict rules and regulations on the back with and has a scanning line/bar too so do you think/know would that do?

Cheers :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

No passport? I'll never understand you cork culchies..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭MrReynholm

If it's all you have, then what other choice do you have?

Go down and see how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

No passport? I'll never understand you cork culchies..

Haha I had one there but it expired a few years ago. Went and sent off for a new one and after like 4 months I got a letter back paying there was a fault with my application (never told me what it was of course), sent back the money in a form of some card yoke, and never gave back the old one. Never needed the passport since so I haven't gotten around to renewing it. Tbh with that sh*t service I dunno is it worth the hassle...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you had a passport you could move to a country with more efficient passport offering services

MrReynholm wrote: »
    If it's all you have, then what other choice do you have?

Go down and see how you get on.

Thats very true I guess!! I was just hoping someone might have been in the same situation as me and could tell me how the got on you know?
    Sound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Become "known" to the gardai.

if you had a passport you could move to a country with more efficient passport offering services

Mindf*ck o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

You could print out this thread and show it to the guards. Bound to work.

Become "known" to the gardai.

Haha tbh where I'm from you'd probably need to kill a few people to be known by the Gardai like!

You could print out this thread and show it to the guards. Bound to work.

Hmmmmm....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Haha I had one there but it expired a few years ago. Went and sent off for a new one and after like 4 months I got a letter back paying there was a fault with my application (never told me what it was of course), sent back the money in a form of some card yoke, and never gave back the old one. Never needed the passport since so I haven't gotten around to renewing it. Tbh with that sh*t service I dunno is it worth the hassle...

You should probably call up the passport office and sort that out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Birth cert doesn't have photo id i hope. just bring loads of things addressed to you and your work id thing and just be like howya ive not it the passport

You should probably call up the passport office and sort that out quickly.

I suppose I should but this happened in 2010 like haha. But yeah after I got the letter back saying there was a problem I rang them up and said whats the story and why was it rejected. Ya wan on the phone who tbh was a complete b###h just said I'm sorry sir but I can't disclose that information with you. I then got a little cross and said something along the lines of: Come here that info concerns me and ye have my old passport and thats not right...but in a little less mannered way of course! She just said that they could hold onto my old one as long as they wanted and I said how could I get it back so. She said apply all over again and I just hung up. Knowing that back then it'd take another few months I said screw it I'll do without it a while...but honestly eventhough i'll need it probably next summer I'm completely put off renewing/applying for a new one. Plus I'm pretty sure after two years they've thrown away my old one seeing that it wasn't 'claimed' and thats utter bull too..anyway thats Ireland for ya!!!

Birth cert doesn't have photo id i hope. just bring loads of things addressed to you and your work id thing and just be like howya ive not it the passport

Na birth cert doesn't have photo...imagine having a baby picture as ID like!!! Yeah I was thinking bringing a CAO letter or something. The father will probably go in with me too so I should be allright then hopefully :)

Do you have a bank account? Maybe you can get a bank statement sent to you: proof of address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can never understand why people don't get passports. Seriously.

Yes I have a bank statement, just found one there dated to a few months back..got the address on it. Oh and I found a Cao letter too...got my name, address and date of birth. That'll look fairly tidy. But yeah thank you very much. At least you're trying to help me anyway :) I appreciate it!

Yes I have a bank statement, just found one there dated to a few months back..got the address on it. Oh and I found a Cao letter too...got my name, address and date of birth. That'll look fairly tidy. But yeah thank you very much. At least you're trying to help me anyway :) I appreciate it!

Okay. Bring those with you and your work ID and you should be set. Bring a few passport photos too, on the day.

Okay. Bring those with you and your work ID and you should be set. Bring a few passport photos too, on the day.

Thanks will do :) a few? On the form it has a pocket thing and it says just put one in there. But actually yeah it would be handy to have a few others on me anyway just in case someone up there really has it in for me...

The OP sounds like he's just out of secondary school. Probably never needed one before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Well basically they are just people who haven't had a reason to leave the country.

You're welcome

Yup just did the leaving a few weeks back :) could have went on a LC holiday but my closest friends said we should save money and just go up the country in July :P A load from my year are setting off today though. I'd have passport sorted if I was going but yeah like (above) said I just have no need for a passport a while.

mconigol wrote: »
    Well basically they are just people who haven't had a reason to leave the country.

You're welcome

But you never know when you might need to leave the country. You could win an all expenses paid holiday leaving tomorrow, and then where would you be?
    Ireland, that's where.

But you never know when you might need to leave the country. You could win an all expenses paid holiday leaving tomorrow, and then where would you be?
    Ireland, that's where.

Never gonna happen to me haha...believe me my luck regarding them things is shocking :D but if it did I'd just give it to my mom or something, god knows she'd probably need/deserve it more than me.

Never gonna happen to me haha...believe me my luck regarding them things is shocking :D but if it did I'd just give it to my mom or something, god knows she'd probably need/deserve it more than me.

No name changes allowed. Sorry.

Well screw it so tbh if it happened. Besides an 18 yr old on his own on a foreign holiday doesn't sound great. I know I could meet loads of people my age there but actually going over knowing no one isn't a proper holiday for me. It'd actually be more scary than fun.

Ok but if your mum wins a family holiday and can't go because her lil 18 can't come and is too scared to stay home alone. You'll be sorry, uh huh.

Ok but if your mum wins a family holiday and can't go because her lil 18 can't come and is too scared to stay home alone. You'll be sorry, uh huh.

Perhaps you can babysit? Make a man out of him in the process. ;););) wink wink wink oo er.

You're really making this hard for me aren't you? :P But to twist it just a little more, I've been staying home alone since I was 11. Last year I spent a week on my own because my parents were visiting my brother in Dublin. But yeah I get your point. Era I'll sort it out before college or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

They ain't cheap, there's a recession going on.

Advertisement