Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of Identification for the Age Card....

Options
2»

Comments

Perhaps you can babysit? Make a man out of him in the process. ;););) wink wink wink oo er.
    TheComeUp wrote: »
    You're really making this hard for me

:eek:

*runs from thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

If ye have any bother just whip out the tackle and slap it on the counter. If he won't give you your ID threaten to beat him about the face and body with it.

forfuxsake wrote: »
    If ye have any bother just whip out the tackle and slap it on the counter. If he won't give you your ID threaten to beat him about the face and body with it.

The OP didn't mention anything about fishing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Show him your Boards account as the second ID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭MrReynholm

my mom

What part of the US is Cork in, bro?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Wtf? Whats wrong with saying 'mom'? Thats what I've been calling her since I could talk. It's what most people call their mother....**** sake like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭MrReynholm

Wtf? Whats wrong with saying 'mom'? Thats what I've been calling her since I could talk. It's what most people call their mother....**** sake like.
    Yes, most people in the USA call their mother that.

Not so much here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Bring in your mammy with ya, can't fail! :p

MrReynholm wrote: »
    Yes, most people in the USA call their mother that.

Not so much here though.

Aw gway from me now...everyone of my friends call their mother mom with the exception of one who calls her mam.
    And for your information...
    http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/blog/2006/04/mum-and-mom.html

Went into the guards there and the birth cert and work id worked grand. Ya man was fairly young but really professionall but ah he was dead on in fairness! Job done :) Thanks to everyone...

Era I'll sort it out before college or something.
    If you're not 18 yet get it sorted ASAP.
    A passport for an under 18 costs 26.50 but over 18 is 80 euro. Big difference.

• Advertisement

If you're not 18 yet get it sorted ASAP.
    A passport for an under 18 costs 26.50 but over 18 is 80 euro. Big difference.

Well considering this thread initially was about the Garda Age Card which I need to be 18 for so...but yeah I'm 18.

As for that, yes fair point now that you mention it eventhough the 'child' one is for 5 years. So thats €53 for a 10 year stint. But honestly you're only gonna get use out that for only 5 years so you're gonna end up paying €106.50 in ten years if you're 17 compared to a plain 80 you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Your work ID and birth cert are all you need. It doesnt specify that the second item of identity has your date of birth on it, the birth cert does that. The ID just verifies what the birth cert says.

CJC999 wrote: »
    Your work ID and birth cert are all you need. It doesnt specify that the second item of identity has your date of birth on it, the birth cert does that. The ID just verifies what the birth cert says.

Yup as I mentioned a little above that I went in with them and worked grand but thank you anyway :)

Actually a message to the mod's. Ye can lock this thread if ye wish as it's pretty useless now and will only 'bump' up an unnecessary thread. For anyone who might read upon this in the future, the work id worked perfect for me as the 2nd form of ID and it had just my name and picture on it!! Anyway ye can lock this if ye want. No pressure or hassle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

But you never know when you might need to leave the country. You could win an all expenses paid holiday leaving tomorrow, and then where would you be?
    Ireland, that's where.

Well if it's all expenses paid they could just take the ferry to mainland Europe and drive.

mconigol wrote: »
    Well if it's all expenses paid they could just take the ferry to mainland Europe and drive.

If he had a driving license then he wouldn't be worrying about ID ;)

Well actually most places don't accept driving licenses for ID anymore because they are so easy to forge. Believe me, I know. Most rural pubs will accept them because they couldn't really care but very few places in the town/city wont accept it unless it's used as back up to prove another form of ID is legitimate....

Well actually most places don't accept driving licenses for ID anymore

They are accepted by the gardai for the age card, you would hope that they at least could spot a fake :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

So I'm gonna be going in to the guards with the ol Age Card form there later on and I know it says you need two forms of ID. Have the birth cert but I'm a little stuck for another. Don't have a passport or drivers license of any sort unfortunately. I do have a work ID though which has my name and picture but not date of birth...you think that'd do them? And eventhough the work id looks fairly tacky (picture is half f*cked up) it is legit like and it has strict rules and regulations on the back with and has a scanning line/bar too so do you think/know would that do?

Cheers :)

have you a college id? or failing that bring a mirror and when at the desk in the garda station look at the mirror and say "yup thats me alright" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Can never understand why people don't get passports. Seriously.

I did not have one untill I was 21 as I could not afford to go abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

To be fair, i wouldn't dig on him too much for not having a passport.

Venturing outside corkonia is a pretty major step.

• Advertisement

CruelCoin wrote: »
    To be fair, i wouldn't dig on him too much for not having a passport.

Venturing outside corkonia is a pretty major step.

Probably gonna be in Limerick for the next four years if the leaving cert results go as planned so yeah thats one step towards :P ah but na I've been to Spain twice its just the passport expired two years ago so I just haven't needed it since hence I why I don't have a valid one now

And for the others, if ye read back a bit you'd see that the work id worked fine.

Thats why I think they should close this now. Unnecessary stuff like but ah sure what harm!!

They are accepted by the gardai for the age card, you would hope that they at least could spot a fake :eek:

Well obviously you wouldn't bring in a driving license with your picture but a different name and dob into the guards as proof of id for the age card. What I'm talking about is for pubs and nightclubs. Not that I should be saying this but all you have to do is get someones license whos over 18, carefully rip out their picture and put in yours and re laminate it and you've a strong looking id right there. But thats all stopped now. I know a few people from my year in school who couldn't get in with their license eventhough it was actually their license and they were 18. Even passports are getting sketchy. I know plenty ppl who've altered their own ones with a sticker flap which is highly dangerous but works so well and all you have to do when you don't need it no more is rip out the plastic flap which was only an "accessory" in the first place so nobody would know any different in the future. Whereas it's near impossible to forge and age card. Thats why most places only accept it or else passport plus another form of photo id....just sayin' :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Well obviously you wouldn't bring in a driving license with your picture but a different name and dob into the guards as proof of id for the age card. What I'm talking about is for pubs and nightclubs. Not that I should be saying this but all you have to do is get someones license whos over 18, carefully rip out their picture and put in yours and re laminate it and you've a strong looking id right there. Believe me I had one myself and it worked everywhere when I was 17 but one night it was taken off me because the bouncer knew of me and knew I was underage and took it off me. Still let me into the club though that night :D but thats all stopped now. I know a few people from my year in school who couldn't get in with their license eventhough it was actually their license and they were 18. Even passports are getting sketchy. I know plenty ppl who've altered their own ones with a sticker flap which is highly dangerous but works so well and all you have to do when you don't need it no more is rip out the plastic flap which was only an "accessory" in the first place so nobody would know any different in the future. Whereas it's near impossible to forge and age card. Thats why most places only accept it or else passport plus another form of photo id....just sayin' :P

It's all fun and games til you try to go to America with your bogey passport and get detained in Cuba as a terrorist.

Well obviously you wouldn't bring in a driving license with your picture but a different name and dob into the guards as proof of id for the age card.

I think you completely missed the point of my post!!!

Someone said you could drive to Europe. I said if he had a driving license he wouldn't be worrying about ID - as in ID to get your age card. Ya know.

I think you completely missed the point of my post!!!

Someone said you could drive to Europe. I said if he had a driving license he wouldn't be worrying about ID - as in ID to get your age card. Ya know.

My sincerest apologies :O :) oh great I've just made a fool of myself whilst announcing for everyone of my sketchy encounters as a 17 year old :L but yes based on that now I totally agree. I'm currently learning the theory anyway so hopefully before college I'll have the provisional anyway!

Must edit my last post a little I thinks ha

Advertisement