Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equine course A.I.T?

Options
  • 01-07-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

For as long as i can remember i have always loved horses with a particular interest in horse racing. I am 30 and thinking of returning to college and doing http://www.ait.ie/business/deptofbusinessstudies/courses/caocourses/highercertificateinbusinessinequinestudies/ my problem is i have never really sat on a horse so am i silly to think i can do this course(everyone else will be younger with riding experience). For me it is a case of doing something i love and maybe at the end of it start my own business in equine feed or nutrition or something simular. My question really is am i capable of doing this course without any riding experience as i am not really interested in the riding aspect of horses?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭XxAshlingxX

Hey
    ive done that course and there was 3 people who never sat on a horse and by the end they were as good if not better than the rest of us, there was 4 mature students in the course, one tip tho would be to try and get a house to rent near by as acc is in the style of a hotel shared bathrooms and sirrling room ect and if u dont like noise this would not suit, plus the food is not the nicest :P any questions pm me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I've also done that course, there was 2 people in my year who hadn't done any riding previous to starting and they both got on fine. One of them got noticeably more out of the course than the other though, due to not being afraid to try everything, so if you do decide to go for it attitude is very important!! :)
    I'd second the rec of maybe trying to live out though, as I was 18 doing it and found the dorms a bit much at times! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kam2011

I too done this course- there was 2 people on my course that never sat on a horse! One of them is now Farm Manager in a stud farm in Kentucky.. Its never too late to learn anything!!! ;)

Advertisement