Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO those (without a trade) being sponsored

Options
  • 01-07-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭

Whats your field?

Whats your job title?

I'd prefer to hear answers from those being sponsored who have nothing to do with construction, mining etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dodgylegs

Hi,

I'm in healthcare, occupational therapist & hope to get a sponsored visa. I have made an application for a specific job and the recruitment agency explained to me that the company came to them asking for them to get Irish trained people, & that there is a 5k Aud start up fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Me and the missus were offered sponsorship to work in the Settlers Tavern in the Margaret River.

Normally in hospitality you have to be a manager to get sponsored, however I'm not sure how they could have made us managers considering the positions were all filled at the time. I have a feeling they would have applied for that labour agreement which means an exception to the rule that your job title must be on the list if the employer can prove they couldn't find anyone in the area to fill a particular job.

Anyway we'll never know 'cause we turned them down to go volunteer on a farm to get our 2nd WHV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

My field = IT & Education
    Job Title = Trainer/Developer

What's your profession?

Advertisement