Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place for a birthday in Dublin

Options
  • 01-07-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Ok heres the deal looking for a bar in Dublin for my birthday no major thing just for 10 people no food or fuss just wanna book a table and have good drink and choons :) Rang Capital but they are booked up and I hate Dandelion cos they charge you for booking ffs in this day and age :mad: and not gone on Sinnotts or The Church. Emailed Bia Bar, Grand Social (Pravda), Grafton Lounge, Izakaya (on George St) and Solas. Anyone been to these places at night and what sort of music do they play lookiing for mix of commerical/alternative bit of a girlie night :) Any ideas appreciated running out of places

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

I've been to a few of these, Grand Social is usually fairly busy. plays mostly popular alternative stuff, generally pretty good bar.

Been to Bia Bar a few times for work-related drinks, not a big fan, place seems to lack atmosphere. can't remember what music was played, although there was this kind of jazz band or something one night. not recommended.

Solas is a fairly small cocktail bar, only been there once a while back, had a pretty good time, but that was more because the banter probably. Music is good/trendy.

Haven't been to grafton lounge or izakaya yet.

Don't know what to recommend to you, Kind of in a Dublin pub malaise myself really. Still haven't found that a place that I'd feel excited about going back to regularly. Frigging aging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Decided on D2 bit of a good all rounder no charge to reserve, free admission, niteclub, beer garden for the smokers and cocktails so will please the masses. Izakya is a good place for a casual night out say Thurs/Fri they have a good range of Asian beers/sake and you can reserve table they do Asian tapas too. I also like the age group in the Craft beer pubs ie Black Sheep, Brew Dock and Black Sheep good range of drink, great food and no blaring music perfect for a 30 something like me :)

Advertisement