Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best ISP in Wicklow Town?

• 01-07-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

What is the best ISP in Wicklow Town? Any recommendations?
    UPC would be preferable but they are unavailable :(:(
    Please do not say Imagine Wimax... Uganda and Sudan have a average speed test of 0.9-1.2Mbps I am receiving 0.5Mbps average and I am paying for 7Mbps and i'm about 100meters from the actual Wicklow Town(Should we even call it a town)

I have found a ISP but uncertain if they are decent or not, they are called Digiweb
    8Mb NGB &
    Talk Anytime
    €50.78
    350GB Traffic
    Free calls to Ireland & UK landlines calls Anytime "Limit of 1500 minutes per month"
    and free Connection & Wifi Modem

I am currently paying €46 for Imagine wimax 7mb + Anytime their fair usage policy is 30gb a week I believe. So that is 120GB a month. I can easily use 30Gb within 2-3 days as you all know the likes of Netflix streaming HD movies use a lot of data along with the games that you Download from Origin each game is about 5-15GB and there updates are usually 1-2GB and very frequent updates. So I don't mind paying 4 Euro extra to get 8MB broadband which is up to 8MB so you can get anything but I doubt it will get lower than 1mbps which is pathetic that if I lived in sudan or uganda that I would get faster internet speeds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jumpin jack

Hi,

Wicklow Broadband have excelent coverage in Wicklow Town, no phone line required and no caps!:D

Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 18 akajackson

Product 3MB 5MB 6MB 7MB 10MB
    Monthly Cost €29.99 €39.99 €49.99 €59.99 €89.99
    Download Speed 3MB 5MB 6MB 7MB 10MB
    Upload Speed 1MB 1MB 1MB 2MB 2MB
    Connection Charge €99 €99 €99 €99 €99
    Download Allowance Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited
    Contention Ratio 20:1 20:1 20:1 20:1 20:1
    Minimum Subscription Period 12 months 12 months 12 months 12 months 12 months

so its 59.99 for 7MB internet and 89.99 for 10MB internet really I don't think its worth paying that much and a phone is not even included. Digiweb are offering 8MB broadband at 350Gb traffic and talk anytime phone package for €50 which seems to be they are doing the best deal out there and I haven't read any alerting reviews about them

There is a broadband by Qsat 15gb traffic only, I can do that within 1 day which is pretty useless for me and that's their biggest package so this tells me they haven't been doing any research at all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Don't go near Qsat. Satellite broadband is only meant for those who have exhausted all other options and have no other choice. It's severly contended, doesn't work great in rain and has high latency and a low cap. Wicklow doesn't have FTTH but I don't think it's that bad. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18 akajackson

I ordered 8MB NGB & Talk Anytime from Digiweb, they where very helpful people. So ill find out how their broadband is can't be worse than what Wimax provide me haha

If only wicklow had Fiber :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭zg3409

The speed you will get depends on your distance from the telephone exchange which is behind the post office. The further away the slower the max speed possible. Don't pay for more than you can get. Up to 24Mb means at 300M you will probably get 19Mb max. So expect far less depending on distance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement