Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error Trying to add an international Payee online

Options
  • 01-07-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭

Im trying to register hardwareversand.de as a international Payee using my online account and after i fill in all the details I get a
    This payee cannot be added at this time.

Firstly, its a pretty terrible error message: Is there something wrong that i cant add it at the moment, should I try later? Is there something wrong with the details I entered?

Also, it does not accept any special characters for address e.g. "59519 Möhnesee" (it doesnt accept the o)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi witnessmenow,

Thanks for your query. The error message you quoted can display for a number of reasons. One such reason could be that the account details are incorrect. You should double-check these with the account holder.

It may be a case where this particular account is intended for Standing Orders or Direct Debits only. Again, you would need to check with the account holder whether or not they can accept electronic funds transfers into this account.

From time to time there may be restrictions placed on an account.
    If the error persists, please contact Banking 365 on 0818 365 365.
    Also, it does not accept any special characters for address e.g. "59519 Möhnesee" (it doesnt accept the o)

Special characters aren't accepted, however, replacing them with standard characters (ie "o" instead of "ö") should allow you to successfully register and make payments to that account.

I hope this information helps. If you need anything more, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Thanks for the reply.

They provided two separate account details and I tried the second one and it worked ok.

It would be nice if the error message said more, or at least gave me the option of following a link to explain what you said in your post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi witnessmenow.

Delighted to hear you have now added the International Payee successfully.

Thanks for your suggestion, I have passed this feedback on to our Banking365 Development Team.

Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Thanks for the reply.

They provided two separate account details and I tried the second one and it worked ok.

It would be nice if the error message said more, or at least gave me the option of following a link to explain what you said in your post

Here's a tip I use for things like this. IIRC hardwareversand.de require you to have the money to them up-front, if there is a way to check your account balance with them, transfer a euro over, give it a day or so and that way you can check if all is OK. That way you are only chasing a euro if there is a problem - it will also count towards the "9 a quarter transactions" for free banking :)

Advertisement