Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone completed Oscail BA in English & History?

• 01-07-2012 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I am thinking about adding one of these subjects to my degree. Can anyone advise me what the workload is like for English ~ assignments, tutorials, reading etc. Would it be possible to complete three English modules while working full-time? Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 Rapunzels

I am thinking about adding one of these subjects to my degree. Can anyone advise me what the workload is like for English ~ assignments, tutorials, reading etc. Would it be possible to complete three English modules while working full-time? Any advice appreciated!

The following was true when I did some Oscail modules 2 years ago, but could be different now.

I did history, I needed to do 5 modules as per the Teaching Council's advice, but have only done 2. One of the 6 available modules is a research module without an exam and so could in theory be done with 2 others in one year.
    I was advised that you couldn't do more than 2 modules with exams in one year as they would clash on the exam timetable, and all modules aren't offered each year.
    2 modules on top of a full teaching timetable was a pretty heavy workload and I have decided not to continue with it for the moment.
    Also, I think it should be more flexible. The modules have rigid deadlines which all occur during the academic year. It would be great to work over the Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭easterbride

Thanks for the reply ~ maybe two modules per year might be enough to take on! I plan on doing five modules in total to get TC recognition.

Advertisement