Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank - Are you staying or not?

Options
  • 01-07-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

This is just a vote on whether or not you will stay with Ulster Bank when this fiasco ends. Ulster Bank has said they expect to lose no customers over this issue, Well lets see.

For discussions go to Thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676772&page=113

I'm: Undecided

Are you going to Stay with Ulster Bank? 9 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    44% 4 votes
    Undecided at this time
    55% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'm undecided.

On the plus side, assuming this is eventually sorted out, one would imagine that they will take measures so that it can never happen again.
    Plus they are the only free banking bank in the republic.

On the negative side, I'm worried this is going to drag on and I've a wife and child to feed and I don't like whelching off my parents at my age, its just embarrassing! What happens if, when they claim that its resolved, my balance isn't correct with all kinds of transactions that never happened in there? Today my account has €250 roughly more in it than yesterday and I sure as heck didnt lodge anything yesterday!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I'm undecided. I've had an Ulster Bank account since my dad joined me up to Henri Hippos super savers club 20 years ago and I've never had a complaint before. They were also the first with Visa Debit cards and mobile banking, and they still give 100% free banking. What has happened is almost unforgivable and I'll be looking at my other options once the dust settles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Ya think I will stay with them. Always found them lovely to deal with and never had a problem before. They'd want to sort this out pronto though, it looks very bad and God help the people who are waiting for pay to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Here is a very good thread on Askaboutmoney which details other banks current accounts and their fees etc - http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=21774

Looking at that PTSB: Everyday would give me free banking for the way I use my current account and may well end up with it!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Undecided until Wednesday. If my second salary payment goes awol well then I think I've been more than patient and will be taking my business elsewhere.

It's a pity as I only switched to UB a month ago, always found the staff nice to deal with etc. This whole fiasco hasn't caused me too much pain as I always leave money for emergencies but at this stage I'm getting a pain in my head trying to figure out what should be there, what has yet to come in and what's yet to go out.

I'm also annoyed that they've chosen to start fulfilling SOs and DDs without crediting the accounts first.

Then there's the inaccurate updates. Whether they are lying or just being plain stupid I don't know but either way I don't appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

im giving them until the end of next week, friday. if everything isnt sorted then ill be closing up my current, savings, and credit card accounts with them once everything is back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

After 2 days of delays this became unacceptable. After nearly 2 weeks, they should be stripped of their banking licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I left BOI for free banking and for being treated like crap so I won't move back anyway. AIB is out because they are practically useless and cannot be trusted and PTSB are a bunch of bastards as well who treated me badly in 2008.

I wouldn't consider any other banking institution either so looks like I will stay.

It's just a terribly unfortunate situation we find ourselves in but it could so easily be one of the other banks. Somebody had to be the unlucky customers.

Also considering the misery that is involved switching banks I wouldn't go through it again. It took 5 working days for my balance to turn up and not all direct debits were set up by companies even though clearly the UB wrote to all of them.

Got letters and phonecalls "Where's our money". Not bothering down that road again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Closing as we already have a similar thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement