Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is Sunday TV mostly just a repeat of the previous 6 days TV?

• 01-07-2012 2:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Why cant TV programmers and stations actualy cater for Sunday and not just show a repeat of a repeat of a repeat of a TV show from earlier in the week??

Discovery Channel are the worst for this thing.:(

How many times do I need to see the same episode American Chopper Senior V Junior or Bear Grylls on the TV??

Or 2 hours of repeats of Home and Away on Network 2.

Cant they find something new for Sunday TV???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

First world problems.

Edit: To be a bit more serious. Go for a run, read a book, cook something nice, clean the place, call a friend, play a game, or try using the internet for just about anything other than complaining about TV on a Sunday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

paddy147 wrote: »
    How many times do I need to see the same episode American Chopper Senior V Junior or Bear Grylls on the TV??

Zero is the amount of times you need to see American Chopper V Junior or Bear Grylls on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Organic Cavity

Everyone reading the papers about what happened in the last 6 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

It might come from years ago when Sunday was the day of rest,With lots of people just sitting in and catching up on TV ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Because sunday is for fapping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

paddy147 wrote: »
    Cant they find something new for Sunday TV???

Over 100 channels, an internet soaked in content, and you feel trapped?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't have a tv.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

snubbleste wrote: »
    I don't have a tv.

Ham Radio???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I dunno. Go have a **** or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

pretty polly stakes at the curragh and we are playing wexford. plenty on the telly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Learn the bodhran and invade a few Sunday evening sessions, although that is only if you are in Dublin, Galway, Ennis or Cork.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We should have an omnibus edition of After Hours on Sundays, so that the poor bastards with internetless-jobs can catch up on what they've been missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Haven't watched a any tv since I've started watching Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

what really f*in irritates me as a licence payer is BOTH RTE channels showing sport all afternoon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Imagine how the OP will feel when they find out that the programs on in the morning are repeats of the previous evening or that they repeat entire series too.

Still thing there should be a channel called "Discovery New"
    which would show new episodes from all the discovery channels,

then again since about half the content on discovery is just fake reality TV and virtually devoid of new information - or in the case of Bigfoot any information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

ive noticed this too.

sky movies comes to mind immediately.

what a ripoff.

the same films on a loop day in day out for weeks and weeks.

the only discernable pro to having sky over terrestrial tv is the fact that they do get new tv seasons faster most of the time.

but once that new episode has aired it becomes awash in a sea of repeats that are played and replayed for time immemorial lol

we have become a nation of couch potatoes! i myself know I need to cut back on the amount of tv i watch.

i suppose if you notice that sunday tv is a repeat of whats been on the last week then you watch too much tv lol

time to go read a book, or something! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Since I found letmewatchthis.com ..... I barely use the TV at all now. Having to pay even more for Movies and sport with UPC on top of 160 euro for a TV license .... TV is still effin woeful. Internet streaming all the way I say.

Advertisement