Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes for Work

Options
  • 01-07-2012 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

I'm working on my feet all day and my back and pelvis are getting so sore and tired.Iit doesn't help that I am massive already at 6 and 1/2 months, much bigger than I was 1st time round.

Anyway can anyone reccommend some comfortable supportive shoes that would be good to wear. Attire is casual, and although I hate the look of Crocs I am being drawn towards them as they are light and will let my feet breathe.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

I would go for cross especially as the weather is quite humid and they would allow room for swelling and let the air circulate. I know they're. Not the nicest of shoes but your feet will thank you ;-)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I wore Fit-Flops as soon as the winter boots could be put away and my back pain disappeared. I was a fan beforehand, and my mum who has a really bad back loves them too.

http://www.fitflop.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

I would have said the same about the Crocs until I found some that I liked. My feet have swollen badly in this heat and humidity and I am wearing the below ones with black work trousers, top and cardy

http://www.crocs.eu/crocs-crocband-flat/11072,en_ES,pd.html?cid=410&cgid=women-footwear

Having looked at the website just now though, there are loads that look very comfy

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I've always found Clarks shoes great for work. They can be pretty boring & unstylish sometimes but they really support your feet in the right places, leading to your back & pelvis being supported correctly. They last ages as well.

Steer clear of any cheap shoes (Penneys/Dunnes/Shoezone) as they will really hurt you.

Advertisement