Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Ireland need more black people?

• 01-07-2012 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭

I'm watching the athletics on the tellybox and I'm seeing black people from France, Britain, Sweden and Germany winning loads of events.

Do we need more black folks if we want some medals?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Yeah, but we always come first in "whitey dancing!" So be thankful for that. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Technically speaking this is a very racist thread, in regards the original definition of the term racist; different inherent traits between the races pertaining to genetics rather than socio/cultural influences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Yeah, but we always come first in "whitey dancing!" So be thankful for that. :rolleyes:

Ah sure we're grand at the dancin with the riverdance and all that.

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Technically speaking this is a very racist thread, in regards the original definition of the term racist; different inherent traits between the races.

Yes, we need better racists so that we can win more races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Technically speaking this is a very racist thread, in regards the original definition of the term racist; different inherent traits between the races pertaining to genetics rather than socio/cultural influences.

Ah **** off :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

I'm seeing black people from France, Britain, Sweden and Germany
    You mean African French, African British, African Swedish and African Germans? :rolleyes:

It's also quite racist in the modern sense vis a vis using a particular race as livestock for breeding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

But Ireland are the blacks of europe.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

No black person would excel in sports in Ireland. The system is all wrong here. Most of our school teachers are women now so the teacher who spotted the talented kids in the class doesn't exist anymore.

RumDrinker wrote: »
    You mean African French, African British, African Swedish and African Germans? :rolleyes:

No. Nationality is nothing to do with heritage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

OP hasn't been to Balbriggan lately

FishBowel wrote: »
    No black person would excel in sports in Ireland. The system is all wrong here. Most of our school teachers are women now so the teacher who spotted the talented kids in the class doesn't exist anymore.

And the sexist bullshit gold medal goes to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I'm watching the athletics on the tellybox and I'm seeing black people from France, Britain, Sweden and Germany winning loads of events.

Do we need more black folks if we want some medals?

I hope you're not expecting world class swimmers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

A black person in Ireland would excel no more than a white person. Often successful athletes in running are successful because they are brought up under a completely different environment, where they are not only running for accolades, but rather - running to feed their family. You could never compare the two.

Along with the "grumpiest poor little darling" gold.

So what? It's true. Ireland is the worst place for young people to live if they want to do well in sports. The feminisation of the education system has to take some blame for this.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Along with the "grumpiest poor little darling" gold.

*Writes down name on my vengeance list*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

dlofnep wrote: »
    A black person in Ireland would excel no more than a white person. Often successful athletes in running are successful because they are brought up under a completely different environment, where they are not only running for accolades, but rather - running to feed their family. You could never compare the two.
    :confused: THey produce food by running??????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Feminisation of schools?No i dont think so,there are plenty of male sports coaches in irish schools and secondary schools and colleges..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

So what? It's true. Ireland is the worst place for young people to live if they want to do well in sports. The feminisation of the education system has to take some blame for this.
    Pure utter bull****:mad:

• Advertisement

Women have been educating children for thousands of years ya eejit. Who taught you to go to the toilet?

Not you Charles, our acclaimed Sexist Bull**** gold medal winner.

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Thats why ireland does well in boxing. Plenty of practice with drunken fights at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

So much incorrect about this it's hard to know where to start.

Not as much as they are doing now. 24% increase in women school techers since 2006. Kiss goodbye any hopes of Olympics medals in 2016 and 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Not as much as they are doing now. 24% increase in women school techers since 2006. Kiss goodbye any hopes of Olympics medals in 2016 and 2020.

Ah yeah, and the increase in motorways in Ireland is directly attributable to single Mums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭MrReynholm

Rabies wrote: »
    I hope you're not expecting world class swimmers
    Brilliant!

Reminded me of this:
    http://www.yourfunnystuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Black-Pool-Party-vs.-White-Pool-Party.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Ah yeah, and the increase in motorways in Ireland is directly attributable to single Mums.

I thought it was the wheelchair ramps required on houses nowadays, it makes it easier to get the buggy in and out.

• Advertisement

Feminisation of schools?No i dont think so,there are plenty of male sports coaches in irish schools and secondary schools and colleges..

It's just a pity there isn't more male primary/art/language teachers and more female sports/PE/computer/maths teachers.

I know loads of arty, etc. blokes and sporty, etc. wimmins, they just don't seem to head towards teaching when they have such topical predilictions.

That's the Fine Fáil TDs getting a big road built to their underpopulated town.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

OP...why use a suggestive racist thread title that has nothing got to do with your actual post???

Are you trying to purposly chase another agenda with this method of posting??

Why not post "do we need faster/better athletes" instead??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

They could be, due to horny irresponsible people getting around the country quicker.:D

paddy147 wrote: »
    OP...why use a suggestive racist thread title that has nothing got to do with your actual post???

Is 'black' a race?

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

You can add my name there too Chuck. You might think starting 'tounge in cheek' threads about racial stereotypes is witty but in reality it just makes you a racist arséhole.

• Advertisement

Is 'black' a race?

What?

Why did you post that specific thread title????

You seem to ignore what others have said to you too about the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

The numbers of blacks in Ireland are increasing anyway.

The numbers increased substancially in the 2011 census from 2006 (like 44k to 65k), in just 5 years, along with indians making us multicultural. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Patrick Cleburne

Do actual Irish people get a say in this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

F*ckin stupid Irish women teachers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

They got getting away from the cops speed :cool:

• Advertisement

Blacks won't excel at sport in Ireland but we could train them to be the best fans in the world.

Peetrik wrote: »
    You can add my name there too Chuck. You might think starting 'tounge in cheek' threads about racial stereotypes is witty but in reality it just makes you a racist arséhole.

I'm a racist arsehole for what exactly?

Because I said 'black'?

OMFG I think you might actually be the poster child for 'PC gone mad'!

Well done. Gold medal for you son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭MrReynholm

Irish people can be black people too, y'know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ireland needs to be more multicultural. Its well behind other western countries. Do it right, got a skill, good long term job offer, high education then come on in.

Because I said 'black'?

OMFG I think you might actually be the poster child for 'PC gone mad'!

Well done. Gold medal for you son.

Can you change your thread title to a more appropriate title then please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

One does not simply walk into Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

You know exactly why. I don't buy the 'hurt innocent' act for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

MrReynholm wrote: »
    Irish people can be black people too, y'know.

Ok then. Indigenous Irish people.

We went from having a 1% foreign born population to a 17% foreign born population in a decade. No other western country, post WW2, has experienced such a dramatic shift in their demographics.

Any chance we actually get a say in this at all, at all, at all?

Yes KEITHAFC. Even a person who lives on the island of Ireland who considers himself not Irish can have a say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Patrick Cleburne

Rabies wrote: »
    Ireland needs to be more multicultural. Its well behind other western countries. Do it right, got a skill, good long term job offer, high education then come on in.
    Why does it need to be more multicultural? Stop trying to change the cultural and ethnic surroundings of the native people who love the soil they live on and don't want it to change.

It is the a version of politically correct ethnic cleansing of the local population.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement